Hakster's Silver GTi - OEM+

Hakster

Cars looks real nice, lucky git with ac too! Did you use extended bolts with the spacers? How you finding the 15mm?

Give us a shout if you need a hand with anything, ive pretty much pulled mine apart with the held of the workshop manuals.

You can never take too many pictures of a car :P lovely GTi. Very clean and just looks beaut! Keep up the good work (:

Thank you :-)

Cars looks real nice, lucky git with ac too! Did you use extended bolts with the spacers? How you finding the 15mm?

Give us a shout if you need a hand with anything, ive pretty much pulled mine apart with the held of the workshop manuals.

With the 20mm ones it was bolt on first then the wheels go on as normal with the original bolts. These new 15mm ones use extended bolts. Much preferred the safety of the bolt ons but these seem fine so far, they're hub centric with the lip where the wheel sits so should be good.

Cheers mate!

Not sure what it would be like on the arosa but 20mm was slightly too big and was rubbing (I have 205/45 tyres), you can come and try them out if you wish, they're just sitting in the garage...

Edited by Hakster

Thats kind of you mate, i'm getting my wheels refurbished so once theyre done and on the car i'll pop down.

Wouldn't mind a nosy at the gti while i'm at it

No problem, let me know. We can try the 15mm's too, see if it sits better.

Also got a new bridge camera so good excuse for some photos

Sounds like a plan!

Would you sell your 20 mm spacers?

I think I'm going to keep them, might use them on the golf or when I get 195/45 tyres on the lupo...

• 3 weeks later...

It's not the clamp that you wanna worry about its the rubber parts that sit on your roof! Mine have marked my roof, came out with abit of compound but was weird!!!!

Dude, outstanding work! mods are so subtle i never noticed them at bluewater meet!! blinding work! :shades:

I actually didn't have any mods at the last bluewater meet, I'll have to show them all at the next one

It's not the clamp that you wanna worry about its the rubber parts that sit on your roof! Mine have marked my roof, came out with abit of compound but was weird!!!!

I see, I'll have to look out for that, not keep them on for longer than needed

• 3 weeks later...

Not much going on with the Lupo tbh. I thought I'd update you with another project other than the mk2 Golf (will update on that soon too). I've gone and bought myself an F1 wheel which will be refurbed and made into a nice table. It's impressively light!

722722F8-8644-4738-8552-3C7AC5EE9EE2-38179-000024130C20D906.jpg

BCA0B3DF-80CB-40C7-B344-7139B7DC2DAC-38179-0000241311AABAF4.jpg

• Like 1

Love your gti mate. One of the best i've seen. Looking stunning with all the mods you've done!

Thanks mate, really means a lot

Your table's gonna be feckin' awesome!

I hope so, I'm thinking original bbs gold centres, silver dish and red bbs stickers

Not much going on really, sent the f1 wheel along with some bbs mahles to get refurbed, ordered the toughened glass, should look pretty good.

Got a few bits for the mk2 golf to tidy it up a little.

Here are the two boys together:

031.jpg

That F1 wheel looks Awesome! The refurb work on it is great, will definently be a talking point once you get the glass on it!

Much better than any of those crappy ones from IKEA ha ha :)