Towing eye strap

RuthW

Is there anyway of putting a towing eye strap on the front?

For example, removing the metal tow and add the strap. It will only be on for show purposes!

On the Lupo I'm sure their not removable unlike the Arosa.

The Arosa has a screw in one and I suppose you could bolt a strap to the chassis leg but on the Lupo I think you'd have to cut the tow eye off and make your own mount for a strap, which wouldn't be ideal and would have to be properly done in case it's needed one day.

Most people just strap a strap to the eye I think!

Awk darn :/

Don't think I'll p through all that for a £10 tow strap on eBay! Might look bit weird strapped onto it... Hmmm.. Maybe I can just attach it on the other side of the bumper with a cable tie :S

Awk darn :/

Don't think I'll go through all that for a £10 strap on! Might look bit weird strapped onto it... Hmmm.. Maybe I can just attach it on the other side of the bum with a cable tie :S

Cable ties might dig into your hips a bit...

I've got a towing strap on my lupo. I have had to basically use the existing hoop and use a um thing (sorry can't remember what its called lol!!) its basically a U shape thing with bolts on the ends. Looks a bit naff though lol

Me241.jpg

Edited by truCido

Cable ties might dig into your hips a bit...

LOLOLOL

RUDE

editing my quote :P

Edited by RuthW

I've got a towing strap on my lupo. I have had to basically use the existing hoop and use a um thing (sorry can't remember what its called lol!!) its basically a U shape thing with bolts on the ends. Looks a bit naff though lol

Me241.jpg

AHHH I see what you've done there! doesn't look so bad on your lupo cause its a racing one but might look strange if i just have it on for a show... ill go out and have a look to see if i can cable tie it to the black grill/bumber bit :)

Shackle, it's called a shackle. You get stainless ones so they look nice.

Don't cable tie it to plastic, 'cause you know someone will tug it and break the plastic.

This is true.. But it would only be put on for the sake of shows and snipped off at the end! I could probably find something just behind the black bit to attach it too.

Is it really worth it though?

Scene ain't it.

Personally unless it has the original threa for it then I wouldn't do it unless its done like mentions above with a shackle

Shackle, it's called a shackle. You get stainless ones so they look nice.

Don't cable tie it to plastic, 'cause you know someone will tug it and break the plastic.

I like 'um thing' better, I have an um thing securing Cartman to my rear tow eye.

MrSloanes had an orange one on the Lurosa isnit might be worth asking how he attached it.

Remove the front bumper cut the towing eye off. look for some where to mount the strap drill and bolt it on. That's how the drift boys do it.

Then your car will look smooth for the shows and you will have a strap if needed. Big no to the cable ties lol.

Do the drift boys consider the strength and support of the area drilled plus the bolt size and tensile rating.

Do the drift boys consider the strength and support of the area drilled plus the bolt size and tensile rating.

Yes drill through the chassis leg (Normally were the oem one is bolted or welded to) If it is a good strap it will have a mounting hole with an insert. only use high grade bolts 8.8 grade normally a black coating best to fit with a M10 bolt and nylon locking nut ;)

8.8 isn't high grade. 10.9 and 12.9 are high grade.

Seems a major screw on drilling areas to fit it when there is a perfectly good tow eye already there in a place that has been designed by the manufacturer to take the stress of beig towed