Roof Bars

matt123roll

Hi all, was digging in the loft and came across a set of Thule roof bars we used on our land rover freelander a while ago. They're pretty much new and I was wondering if they would go on a lupo?

Excuse my ignorance but I know sweet f*ck all about roof racks/what you need for them/if they are car specific.

I assume there's a clamp part which attaches to the lupo roof and then the bars lock to that? I've searched online to no avail. Any help would be great!

You would need the foot packs to fit the Lupo, but I don't see why you couldn't cut the bars shorter to fit. Check here to see what parts Thule recommend:

http://www.thule.com/fitguide/default.aspx?Language=en&Market=GB

Already tried there site but no option for VW let alone a lupo. The bars are not a fixed size, the end piece which secures them can slide around 20cm on each side which is why I thought they might fit a lupo. The problem I have is that on the land rover we had the factory things on the roof that the rails clip onto, i'm wondering if theres anyway to fit them to a lupo, obviously i'd need some sort of fixing? Cant find them anywhere, thanks

img1325a.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img1324gu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Follow my link, you'll find the Lupo in there as well as the UP!.

You must have been on the US site.

But I reckon those feet are for roof bar fitment like I have on my Dune, so no they will not fit. Those bars may not adjust enough to fit he narrower footprint of the Lupo, but even if they do, you may need to chop them down a bit as they will overhang and look stupid, not to mention hurting your head when you get in\out of the car.

Thule say you need:

• Thule Rapid System 754
  • Thule Square Bar 761
  • Kit 1052
  • Thule One Key System 544, 4 cylinders

So you should be able to get a set of 754 feet and connect them to the bars.

Yeah after a quick browse on roof rack sites think you need factory bars on your roof (the ones you can get your hand under) and then these just clamp either side :(

Ah well, looks like there going on ebay. Would have liked to have a free rack for summer but ah well!

I have a full Thule set available if interested as I'm now selling my Lupo (see the classifieds, 27k mile GTi)

All boxed and brand new (unused), I never got round to fitting them.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Tom

How much are you asking,I'm in Coventry