Rear leans to the offside

Probably been asked before, but it is seriously starting to bug me now! Even after putting new suspension on it it does it! Both rear springs are the same height, the adjusters are out so they're sat at exactly the same place, and yet the offside sits half an inch to an inch lower than the nearside! Any ideas??

Pete

Mine does the same... not sure why.... apparently coz they were made for lefthand drive so the it would sit straight with all the steering stuff on the left. Not sure though, man. But yeah does my head in, too.

Edited by DOPP3LGANG3R

Grrrr! The only way I reckon I could sort it would be to put the adjusters back in and have the offside cranked up higher than the nearside, which would be stupid!!

Its basically to do with a number of factors

The fact that you mostly have weight on the drivers side.

The fact that there is uneven weight in the chassis anyway

Manufacturing tolerances being made more noticeable by you lowering the car.

Its a bit rubbish but it happens on all cars

Really? Been to loads of shows and I've never noticed one side higher than the other on the really low cars, to be honest I've never took much notice though!

Not stupid low but the adjusters are out on weitec springs. Wouldn't like to guess what mm it is, but with half decent camber on my 8j wheels the tyres still catch, hopefully getting the arches properly flattened next week but need to look into changing tyre sizes if I'm gonna switch springs, and updated bump stops to hold the shell off the tyres!

Hahaha! Yeah I get what you mean, I'll just have to stop looking at it, it's not so noticeable when you look at the back of the car, only when you look in the arches.

• 3 months later...

Pete any luck?

I have put new eibach springs with adjustable koni dampners on the rear and today found the car sat really low on the NS

Like 30mm lower, this surely can't be down to the fact I have a full fuel tank?

I'm gonna run her empty and double check

Cheers, afraid i dont have adjusters.

Im gonna run her empty then have a look see if there is any difference. thing is when you sit someone in the back on the opposite side it makes no diferrence, when it should reailly as it would counter balance the fuel tank, i mean 34 litres doesnt way that much.

Sorry i should have said that when i first put the springs etc on the ride height was fine, now after a weeks driving it has changed

Edited by rick briddon

34 litres of fuel will weigh around 34kg.

You also have to add on the weight of the tank as well as the fact that the weight has settled that spring and shock much more than the nearside - hence why the passenger side doesn't move much with a passenger in there.