Aro the flash red Mk1 - Pic heavy - With Mini Photoshoot!

Battsy

This thread will show my progress on my first car, Seat arosa mk1 in flash red. I bought the car in January 2012 knowing basically nothing about cars, so when i saw the ad for the arosa i instantly asked my mate if it was a good car as he had one himself, he said yeah and i should go view the car a couple days later i ended up buying.

so here is how i bought the car:

myfirstcar.jpg

mycarg.jpg

So when i bought the car i knew it was lowered but i never knew by how much. After having a grinding noise coming from under the car i took it to a garage to find out the drive shaft had come loose, this was in result of the car being so low, they then told me it was lowered 100mm, i was shocked and knew this was to low as i live on speed bumps, in time it was just going to do damage to the car so therefor i booked in to get raised, the bonus of this was my mate had a set of black alloys which i tried to fit on previously but the car was to low and the arches where rubbing on the wheel so i took them to the garage with me and got them fitted after it was raised.

With the black alloys fitted it is currently looking like this:

arooi.jpg

The red and black just makes the car look so much better in my opinion, after having the car raised it now sits lowered at 40mm, from going to 100mm to 40mm is such a massive difference and i will defiantly be going lower when i get a different set of wheels in the future, however i am going to Ibiza in a few months so i will be saving for the holiday rather than mods at the moment!

My Future plans:

Get rid of the yellow film on the front lights,
replace a cracked outter shell wing mirror(drivers side)
Sport exhaust (center exit)
Make the car all fresh n new with a full service kit and servicing.
BBS alloys
Leather interior
Double din touchscreen dvd player
paint work touch ups

Thanks for viewing and look out for updates in the future
All feedback welcome,

-Matty

Edited by Battsy

Looking good, though I'm not sure about the splitter & the headlights look weird with the indicators not having the yellow film on too (like ElZ's) but obviously you're getting rid anyway so it's all good lol

i want white teardrops on my mk1 atleast i no theyl look good now aha

you reckon? i wasnt to keen on them, although ive wanted to get black alloys on it since i bought it, pm me i may sell to you :)

Looking good, though I'm not sure about the splitter & the headlights look weird with the indicators not having the yellow film on too (like ElZ's) but obviously you're getting rid anyway so it's all good lol

yeh the splitter was already on it it dont bother me lol, and yes exactly why i am tking it off, :)

I like it when you got it more ;)

;o probally cause it's lowered more, need to get LOW again lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

Unless custom made / modified I think you will struggle with the centre exhaust.

The green badge on a red car, hmmmm "no likey" as Paddy McGuinness would say.

Yeh true mate, normal exhaust for now then!

And same.. i hate it im gonna respray it at the weekend, ive only got it because mine come off (someone snapped it off) at some point and my mate had this one spare and gave me it, also taking the lighting film off.. doing this all on sat hopefully look abit smarter :)

not goth the mk 1 arosa ones then?

no sorry m8

Finally got round to taking the film of the front lights, it was much easier than i thought as it just peeled off! i was expecting to have to take the whole light out, result:

frontlights.jpg

Still need to spray the badge black but i couldn't find out how to remove the badge does anybody know how to ?

The sun was shining and i had the day off work so i gave Aro a polish and wax was very happy with the result!:

seatarosa.jpg

reflectionsl.jpg

The reflections show how shiny its looking at the moment :)

I need some spacers on the rear for a little bit of poke, does anybody know what size i should go for and where do i get them from please?

i have also booked in for a service, this will be done this Saturday I cant wait to experience the after result, hoping it will make it a bit quicker as i think the car hasn't been serviced for some time.

More pics and updates Saturday :)

Edited by Battsy

Looks like a lovely first car, i do love the teardrops though! Keep up the good work. For spacers hubcentrics are better than the ones that use regular wheel nuts, keep an eye on ebay or most vw forums, i find www.clubpolo.co.uk is good for wheels and parts.

Looks like a lovely first car, i do love the teardrops though! Keep up the good work. For spacers hubcentrics are better than the ones that use regular wheel nuts, keep an eye on ebay or most vw forums, i find www.clubpolo.co.uk is good for wheels and parts.

Thanks mate! and yeh i kind of miss them in a wierd way even though i well wanted black alloys :S

I want bbs rms in the future tho! :D

and thanks mate, ill have a look

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looks much better with the yellow tints removed

thanks mate, looks much better with a normal badge too ;)

Update--

Got a full service, car runs perfect now.

5 weeks till i go to ibiza, after this new alloys and back to being LOW is going to happen, also a boot build will be made along with new interior (possibly). big plans :)

so as i stated above the badge is now back to normal:

ZBviS.jpg

There are also some new aero wipers on which are amazing compared to my old rubbish ones which left marks all over the window when it was raining haha..

thats all for now,

Matty