Recommended wax for soft blue lupo?

Hi guys!

I've been using a panel pot of dodo juice light fantastic and it's finally ran out so I wondered could anyone recommend a good alternative?

It's for this wee beastie :D

30e00c78.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, I'm not a lover of waxes I much prefer the reflective glassy look that a good sealant gives so am gonna reccommend Zaino Z2 sealant and zaino Z8 Grand Finale Spray Sealant. :thumbsup:

If you have your heart set on a wax then whats your budget?

If your happy with the offerings of The Dodo then you can always try another panel pot as they are really cheap.

Not going over £30 is the budget and I seal everytime I wax so I don't need a sealant! Just a wax but thanks for your help :)

Poorboys Natty's blue... dead cheap and very good!

i use the white one on my car and the blue one on my mums clio

same as below

car_photo_342604_25.jpg

Edited by Piers

I think I'm possibly calling it the wrong name. I use to use fire glaze but now I use AG extra gloss protection and then I wax...

I think I'm possibly calling it the wrong name. I use to use fire glaze but now I use AG extra gloss protection and then I wax...

Isnt AGP supposed to be used on top of a wax?

What do you mean you seal every time you wax?

Sealants dont bond properly to panels that are layered with waxes...

Black hole is glaze not sealant... I use white diamond then wax over the top and never have problems with it not bonding. It basically fills the imperfections doesn't it?

I know PB BH is a glaze, its a filler heavy product used to mask minor imperfections and is suitable under any wax without bonding issues.

The concern I had was when the OP said they "seal" everytime they wax. Some waxes have no problems bonding to sealants but the other way about is a different story thats all however the OP said they got mixed up with glaze and sealant.

Isnt AGP supposed to be used on top of a wax?

Hi Defcon5,

EGP is a sealant so I'd imagine not however Im not 100% sure. Tbf usually a certain brand of products all work in conjunction so id imagine SRP-EGP-HD Wax or SRP-HD Wax-EGP will all work nicely with eachother.

As I say AG isnt a brand of products Ive used a lot so cant add further comments.

Hope that helps.

I know PB BH is a glaze, its a filler heavy product used to mask minor imperfections and is suitable under any wax without bonding issues.

The concern I had was when the OP said they "seal" everytime they wax. Some waxes have no problems bonding to sealants but the other way about is a different story thats all however the OP said they got mixed up with glaze and sealant.

sorry mate read the threads in a funny order lol

Not all sealants are fussy like Wolf's BW is a nano sealant and requires extra prep so the product will adhere to the paint ie corrected paint, IPA wipedown, Wolf's shine n seal then Wolf's Body Wrap. this also must be done indoors in a temp of 15deg or above for best results and must not come in to contact with water for a number of hiurs after application. 1 layer over 24hrs as well as the product will re haze abd can only be machined off.

Polymer sealants like Zaino Z2 or Z5 are much easier to work with. They dont require a squeaky clean base and can be applied by hand or by DA. They can be applied outside as well and this doesnt really affect application or removal providing your not in direct sunlight.

The only thing with the polymer sealants is they only last max 6 months where a nano ceramic sealant will still protect after a year.

I personally use Z2 on my own car, I dont actually own a wax if im honest. I much prefer the glassy, sharp, reflective look that a sealant gives.

Not all sealants are fussy like Wolf's BW is a nano sealant and requires extra prep so the product will adhere to the paint ie corrected paint, IPA wipedown, Wolf's shine n seal then Wolf's Body Wrap. this also must be done indoors in a temp of 15deg or above for best results and must not come in to contact with water for a number of hiurs after application. 1 layer over 24hrs as well as the product will re haze abd can only be machined off.

Polymer sealants like Zaino Z2 or Z5 are much easier to work with. They dont require a squeaky clean base and can be applied by hand or by DA. They can be applied outside as well and this doesnt really affect application or removal providing your not in direct sunlight.

The only thing with the polymer sealants is they only last max 6 months where a nano ceramic sealant will still protect after a year.

I personally use Z2 on my own car, I dont actually own a wax if im honest. I much prefer the glassy, sharp, reflective look that a sealant gives.

Whats your take on jet seal?

So being a complete newbie at looking after my cars paint I've a few questions..

Can I glaze and seal together? If so, what order?

And just to clarify, a glaze covers some imperfections in the paint whereas a sealant protects the paint from tar etc?

I have never looked after a car extensively before so I would quite like to learn properly!

yes you can glaze and seal together, always glaze first then seal.

Is it a paint sealant you want to use and not a wax?

Im personally not a fan of glazes such as black hole as it does nothing for me as my cars fully corrected however they do have their benefits like being able to hide the odd swirl to a certain extent.

If you want to glaze and seal then the cheapest option and a good one at that would be Auto Finesse tripple AIO then Auto Finesse Tough Coat spray sealant.

Excellent combo and will give 6months durability.

Thats what I had on my car before we had time to correct it.

Another would be Zaino AIO and Zaino Z2 or Z5 sealant.