RS6plusMTM's Red Lupo TDI Sport

RS6plusMTM

• 1 month later...

Not much work done on the Lupo recently, as its been a very expensive month for the Audi.

Everything pretty much came all at the same time, just hit the milage were it needed a major 80k service, MOT and cambelt change all pretty much at the same time.

Its a major job to do a cambelt & tensioners on a RS6 as it requires the whole front of the car to come off, so its best to get the thermostat & water pump done while its accessible to keep labour costs down on common possible failures.

To add insult to injury, VAG's unkown logic of using steel hose connectors for attaching to alloy parts meant my gearbox oil cooler couldn't be removed without breaking it to get to the cam belt due to galvanic corrosion between the different metal types.

This ended up requiring a new oil cooler, pipes and a full week before the car was ready to collect.

Added to this, the week before I had to replace all four tyres at £800 a set just to pass the MOT so I've been haemorrhaging money with nothing left to spend on the Lupo apart from essential repairs

(this weekend I need to finally get around to replacing the clutch slave cylinder on the Lupo, hopefully solving my issue where I have to bleed the system every 3 weeks to remove the air in the clutch fluid and get my biting point back to a drivable level)

btw: A word of warning for anybody thinking of buy a used high-performance car, they may be cheap to buy once deprecation has knocked them down to bargain prices but the running costs still remain the same as if they were brand new

The attached pic just highlights what money pits these types of cars can be:

post-17491-0-65274100-1364513307_thumb.j

Jesus Christ monkeyballs! Thanks for the tip I'll stick to Lupos :lol:

new clutch slave cylinder fitted - hopefully this will stop the air getting into the system now and me having to bleed the system every 3 weeks to get a working clutch.

I found it better to up-clip the lines and pull the cylinder up above the engine to change and bleed, rather than swapping the line in situ.

A lot easier job than I originally thought it would be. But even with a DIY (single person) bleed kit its a lot easier for somebody to give a hand to shout when all the bubbles have stopped coming out and keep topping up the fluid while your in the car pumping the pedal.

post-17491-0-45292900-1364806322_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

Finally, after 2 years sitting in the garage I got around to digging out my 6J teledials and getting some 165/50/15 Bridgestone's fitted.

Running 25mm at the rear & 20mm FK pcd adapters on the front (the wheels are 6J with 52.3 offset)

In hindsight I think I should of got 25mm on the front as well, as its so low its only 1-2 mm gap between the top of the tire to the inner wing on full lock it can rub a little on full lock (or I could just raise the front a bit as the cheap solution seeing its knocking on the drive shafts on bumpy roads)

Also got another garrett turbo from the breakers last week to try and solve my limp mode error ive had since owning the car.

Ive replaced all the solenoids & hoses the vag-com reported may be the issue with no solution & the turbo is the last on the list.

Think its the waste gate jammed, but noticed its recently weeping a bit of oil so im guessing the bearings are on its last legs anyway

post-17491-0-48850200-1378582712_thumb.j