Pauls not so smooth grey TDI

Brt900

dont worry paul, you'll get it even better ;)

Managed to get the heated seats plugged in today. I thought I may aswell get it in whilst the cars off the road. My uncles neighbour works for vw so I'm waiting of a quote from him on a subframe and hopefully should start work on the car soon

Someone ran out of talent lol glad no one was hurt amd looks like you just missed the lamp post!

Hope you get the car back on the road soon, parts should be easy enough to replace, just the bodywork that'll be a pain.

Sorry to hear about what's happened to your car mate! Especially as it all seemed to happen in the same week! Dam, you must be well pissed off! I certainly would :(

Sorry to hear about what's happened to your car mate! Especially as it all seemed to happen in the same week! Dam, you must be well pissed off! I certainly would :(

very pissed off but it's happened now and just gotta get on with fixing it

Need a rear ARB to sort out that understeer ;)

the money spent on fixing it i originally planned to buy one XD

thinking of just zip tieing the bumper back together JDM style until i find another front bumper for sale

may aswell paul! haha, i've got a rear arb but its a bit rusty.. :D

Gutted about the car :( i drive that road a lot and that roundabout is evil. I've had understeer at 20 around there. Looking at the previous work you'll be up and running in no time. Are you local to towers or just visiting?

Gutted about the car :( i drive that road a lot and that roundabout is evil. I've had understeer at 20 around there. Looking at the previous work you'll be up and running in no time. Are you local to towers or just visiting?

I was just visiting, I'm from Wigan and went with some mates. It was a good day until that XD

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Paul, only just seen this thread such a shame whats happened as I know how much you were looking after it after you bought it from me (which is always a nice feeling after you pour so much love into something over an 8yr period!).

I'll have a dig round in the garage & see if I've got any parts which may be of use to you, although from recollection when I did the wishbones last year they only cost £40 for genuine parts online & the gearbox mount was only £15, both of which are jobs you can do yourself. I'll also have an ask around to see if anyone I know has any other parts for you.

Mail this guy to get the part numbers & double check them against ETKA as the A2 uses the same engine & gearbox as the Arosa (double check though):-

1.4 TDI AMF 75 BHP SUMP PAN :- AUDI A2 1.4 TDI AMF 75 BHP SUMP PAN

AMF GEARBOX:- AUDI A2 1.4 TDI AMF 5 SPEED MANUAL GPK GEARBOX

Wishbone – The only thing that makes them Off side or Driver side is which way up the ball joint is facing, if it’s the wrong side undo the 3 bolts turn the ball joint the other way & it’ll fit the other side:- Seat Arosa 1997 Onwards VW Lupo Polo 2000-02 Right Hand Offside Wishbone #W53

Mail this guy to get the part numbers & double check them against ETKA as the A2 uses the same engine & gearbox as the Arosa (double check though):-

1.4 TDI AMF 75 BHP SUMP PAN :- AUDI A2 1.4 TDI AMF 75 BHP SUMP PAN

AMF GEARBOX:- AUDI A2 1.4 TDI AMF 5 SPEED MANUAL GPK GEARBOX

Wishbone – The only thing that makes them Off side or Driver side is which way up the ball joint is facing, if it’s the wrong side undo the 3 bolts turn the ball joint the other way & it’ll fit the other side:- Seat Arosa 1997 Onwards VW Lupo Polo 2000-02 Right Hand Offside Wishbone #W53

cheers for that, rang him up and he wasn't sure about the gearbox so said he'd find one from a lupo tdi, but he was sure about the sump so that's on it's way. first thing off the list :D

Wow Paul, only just seen this thread such a shame whats happened as I know how much you were looking after it after you bought it from me (which is always a nice feeling after you pour so much love into something over an 8yr period!).

I'll have a dig round in the garage & see if I've got any parts which may be of use to you, although from recollection when I did the wishbones last year they only cost £40 for genuine parts online & the gearbox mount was only £15, both of which are jobs you can do yourself. I'll also have an ask around to see if anyone I know has any other parts for you.

After all the work you poured into it i had to care for it and keep it as good as it could be, unfortunately half of the smooth bumper was destroyed but still keeping the top half

Edited by Brt900