Polished Wheels

Zoe_Arosa

Hi,

My friend has a set of wheels that have been polished but are left with a cloudy effect.

Does anyone know what i could do to get rid of the cloudy effect or what to use.?

Thanks

Edited by Zoe_Arosa

Like on a das6-pro??

Hi Pete,

Yes a DAS6 PRO would be ok.

Id imagine a pad with a rough texture like 3M green compounding pad would have to be used. It would probably need refined too the 3M green pad may put little marks in however its not something ive tried n tested so will awitt feedback from you guys first.

Cheers Aaron, I'll have to order some more bits then as I've just got my new das6 pro with some little bits and bobs for bodywork, you'll have to excuse me for not knowing what you mean with the green 3m stuff but I'll look online tonight and see what I can find! Do you recommend any particular polish compound for polished wheels?

Sorry Pete the colours of the 3M pads refer to what does what etc.

Green - compounding/ cutting

Yellow - polishing

Blue - finishing

I reccommend Raceglaze Alutech metal polish and also highly rate Belgom Alu.

If your getting the spot pads you'll need a 75mm backing plate. I'll have a dig around for you mate see what other things you may need :)

I've got the 75mm backing plate and belgom alu so I'm halfway there hopefully!! Got some mezerna spot pads in various colours for the 75mm plate, will they be any good you reckon? Thanks again Aaron.

Yes Pete they'll be fine.

I'd start with the orange polishing pad and if the results arent good enough step up to the white cutting pad :)

Let us know how you get on please?

If you need any advice on anything detailing related just ask, same goes for other members.

No worties at all Pete that's what I'm here for :)

Will do bud, I may crack on with them after work tomorrow, I'll try some before and after shots, should I wash the pad out after every wheel or should I be ok to do all 4? They're not corroded at all, just pretty dull!

Nice one :)

Depends on how dirty the pad gets, if the wheels are oxidised at all you may get the muck from that on the pads but if not then I'd just give the pad a spur with a Megs Triple Duty brush or a toothbrush if you dont have the megs brush.

On another note, We have just finished fully correcting my GTI so if you want to see some of the progress shots hop on over to the facebook page.

I'll be doing a full write up on it aswell.

Thanks, Aaron

Erm....process?? Well all I did was use AG custom wheel cleaner on them, rinsed, patted dry, then went to town using the Das6-pro with the menzerna orange spot pad with Belgom Alu and wiped up with AG polishing cloths.