Driver's seat wont park down

edt

Has this happened to anyone else? Looking underneath the seat at the O/S back corner, these's a small arm with with a spring that's come loose.. cant see how to fix it back in to place. Any tips anyone?

Take the seats out & see where the corresponding spring attaches on the passenger seat?

Take the seats out & see where the corresponding spring attaches on the passenger seat?

That's certainly one plan.. what with 2 jobs at the mo was hoping there might be a 10 min fix!

If you get some pics I'll have a look, I've taken seats apart & put them back together a few times when I put my Golf seats in so I may be able to help. I actually had this issue but it was because I'd put them together wrong, no springs fell out!

Not great quality as my phone doesnt have a flash & it's dark down there! There's a short bar that looks like this piece should click on to (theres a hole in the centre of the end, where Ive circled), plus some sort of bracket that looks like it should go on first , which you cant see too well in this photo. Not sure if it's relevant but I found a small traingular bit of plastic on the mat.

Off to try & find a bette rcamera...

Edited by edt

I'll have a butcher's at mine before I go home, both the Lupo & Golf seats are more complex as they're fully folding rise & fall jobbies but I'll see what I can do!

Better! Just can better see the little bar I mentioned, just in front of the larger spring. And above the litte bar is the bracket that i * think * should also be held in place on that bar. It moved down with a good push, but would stay.

There's a wee nobble next to where the lower end of the spring hooks on does it not go on there?

That's the little bar I speak of - yes looks like both lose parts should fir there. THe bracket will fit to it, but wont stay put, and on first try that loose arm didnt seem to marry up. My head was close to upside down at the time so maybe I didnt try very well though!

Here's the corresponding part in place on my Golf seat

IMAG0610.jpg

There's a split ring holding it in place, best get hunting round your footwell mate lol

I'm not sure of the exact rules, may depend on whether the individual tester deems it safe or not. I'd get it sorted though. Think I've got all the bits for a complete Lupo driver's seat in my loft shame you're bit far away James!

Having a seat the doesn't go up and down, as easy entry seats do, is not an MOT failure. As long as the seat moves back and forth, then there's no cause for concern, according to one of my testers at work.

I've got a feeling that the arm, as pictured, comes as part of the seat frame itself. Would you like me look into this for you. Let me know if so.

Regards, Lupoboz.

Edited by Lupoboz

Lupoboz - any info greatly appreciatred. Going to see if I can find the missing bit(s) in the footwell when I've got a spare min.

• 1 month later...

With a bit more persuading, I've got that arm back onto the nobble, and it seems happy enough to stay there without the split ring, which I couldnt find. Plus it keeps another piece in place (as shown in Koop's pic) which is now also back in place. HOwever, the seat still doesnt park. Any thoughts chaps?

Here's the corresponding part in place on my Golf seat

IMAG0610.jpg

There's a split ring holding it in place, best get hunting round your footwell mate lol

Edited by edt

If all else fails I've still got the seat base Joe was going to have off me before he fixed his ;) We'll work it out between us, never fear Club Lupo is here :lol:

• 4 months later...