big mileage - no worries ??

benters

hey Gang

did a gearbox oil change, engine oil change, new plugs and filters on my Sport just as it passed 140,000 miles.... and looking at the car as a whole its in very good nick, just made me wonder who else out there is carrying such a mileage.

For sure i have stone chips here and there, and the doors have dropped a touch, but the car pulls like a train, stops really well and amazes others when i talk mileage.

so dont be shy. . . .roll up roll up and lets see whos got the biggets number on the Dial !!

My Gti is on 130.5k, its a 2001. Its on the origional engine, gearbox etc... currently have an issue with the selector so cant get 4th. thought it was box untill i got it into 4th the other night and didnt realise!

i got the car with 70k on the clock and its got a full service history to 100k. i have done it myself since.

if i were to sell it i know people would be put off by the mileage but i know the higher end of the mileage is all what iv done and its been well looked after.

Too many people wory about mileage but if the car is treated correctly and well maintained you wont have any problems.

Peirs, look up the calibration video on youtube and do that.

Should sort out your problems.

Is it easy to do? Will have a look tomorrow mate.

Thought the syncro mesh had gone but got it into 4th the other night so I presume it's got to be the selecting side of it.

• 3 weeks later...

link for the video for shift cable adjustment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9ggefOjAE

my 2003 gti is currently on 129.5k, had it since 7.5k, been superb ever since! Granted, I had a minor engine rebuild not long ago, but even with a dodgy piston ring, she was still giving me 35mpg+