An eBay section

JoeA

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that'd be something people would have to consider before posting up their item, I do however think for people who prefer to sell in an auction format would benefit from it, it wouldn't have any direct affiliation with the forum so I think theres nothing to lose.

But, thinking about it, if you only post links to your own items then you would obviously want to drive up the price!

I think that'd be something people would have to consider before posting up their item, I do however think for people who prefer to sell in an auction format would benefit from it, it wouldn't have any direct affiliation with the forum so I think theres nothing to lose.

But, thinking about it, if you only post links to your own items then you would obviously want to drive up the price!

exactly, if theres people out there willing to pay more, why would anybody in their right mind accept less? its common sense aint it haha

Don't get me wrong jamie, the new classified section is mint, i like it and will be using it next time i have a clear out/ upgrade. But some people just do ebay, they make one advert and post a link on a number of forums. I just don't see why we can't accommodate that in a separate section that does not affect our classifieds section?

It's different to allow links to stuff for sale on eBay than it is to allow people to post links to their own stuff.

This is a VW community and I for one feel we should be helping each other out by selling stuff for "what it is worth" rather than trying to make a quick buck by adding "eBay rare" and "scene" taxes.

In the first instance it would be duifficult to differentiate as forum IDs and eBay IDs will rarely be the same.

You can also ruin a bargain for someone on eBay as I did a few years back. I found an item which hadn't been listed very well. It was nearly closing and only had 1 bid, so mentioned it on here. With in the last couple of hours the bidding when silly and the original bidder who was nearly home and dry turned out to be someone on here who either lost out on the item or paid more for it. So understandablly he wasn't amused.

I think if you want to sell on here that is fine. Put up the price you think the item is worth and let it be. If you don't want to fix a price, put it on eBay and let people find it.

On a different level, why should Matty and ClubLupo in general provide free advertising for ebay? Would they do it for us? No.

If you want to buy something on ebay then search ebay for it.

I understand what you're saying about it being useful but as we actually pay for the classifieds section add on yearly it'll never happen.

If we did have an ebay section it would kill off half of the sales on the classifieds section. That's why we've always demanded proper adverts rather than just ebay links.

I think its a great idea...

Im sure im not the first person to notice this but the forum is quite contradictive when it comes to the classifieds...

it quite clearly says "club lupo's answer to ebay"... Yet the mods seem to hate ebay with a passion. whenever someone puts a link up i notice treblet jumps on it like its going to destroy the world.

One big question to ask is: whats wrong with ebay?

for example... if you see a bargain, and you think someone may be interested in it get it up on here...! Forums are all about helping eachother and what better way to do it than share bargains etc...

and it wouldnt kill the classifieds... it would boost them! there would be loads more adverts... i dont post in there because i cant be arsed to take pics of my name against the item, then go through all the effort to post it up... its a right ball ache...!

We do not hate eBay, I have had some bargains for my car, but why would we advertise it's services?

Like I said, this is a community where I hope we would be happy to help each other out and sell "stuff" for a reasonable price. If the trust is there, some are happy to pay by PayPal gift to negate the fees or even take "instalments".

eBay just gets people into a price war and no-one apart from the seller, PayPal and eBay is better off.

I get what your saying Ray,

but lets create a scenario... i see a bargain on eBay that would be perfect for someone on this forum. i may not want it myself but if i put a thread on here i see that as helping someone out.

its also easier for a seller... another example... if i were selling something on ebay, i would have a 99p starting bid. if i put a post on here saying "look folks... i have this for sale... id take £x amount... if someone wants them i will end the listing..."

there are a lot more advantages to ebay use than there are disadvantages...

As i said above; I seen a bargain (something badly listed which I came across when I was browsing) I posted a link on here and ruined it for the buyer who happened to be a member on here too.

Swings and round-a-bouts, but in the end they are a commercial site making money for themselves (and PayPal); nobody gives a stuff about the buyer.

If you get eBay to contact us and offer discounts we will give them a trader status. Or if they pay we can give them Premium Trader and their own forum area.

:thumbsup:

Ive had both sets of my wheels off ebay, both cheap as chips. On here people won't even sell crap wheels for less than £100, noone on here cares about reasonable pricing :(

I know. I bought my RJs from eBay for a bargain, but I also sold them, my 9 spokes and Snowflakes on SVAG for an excellent price. We can only hope people come on here to help out the VW community and not rip people off with scene tax and inferior goods.

When I stripped my Arosa, I listed all the parts on here for a fair price and thay all sold very quickly and people were happy.

I have dealt with really good sellers and have been happy to send money via PayPal gift and pick up at a show months later.

I even posted black grab handles to Kam (the dodgy Geordie that he is) before I had the money in my PayPal. Would he have got that level of trust on eBay?

Iv also had great dealings buying things off here... you may not believe this... but i had some window switches off Rich and he also sent them before i had paid for them. i sent him a birthday card with some cash in it and he kept to his word and confirmed he got it... he could have pulled a fast one and said he never got the card....

There are good and bad in everything and i think its unfair to brand eBay as a money maker... yes it is at the end of the day but its a business... it all depends on the buyer/seller... its the same for on here... it depends on the buyer/seller... nothing to do with the fact its eBay

what part was it out of interest?

if its rare it definately wasnt a towing eye cover... there must be more of them scattered over the UK roads than dead animals!

I know. I bought my RJs from eBay for a bargain, but I also sold them, my 9 spokes and Snowflakes on SVAG for an excellent price. We can only hope people come on here to help out the VW community and not rip people off with scene tax and inferior goods.

When I stripped my Arosa, I listed all the parts on here for a fair price and thay all sold very quickly and people were happy.

I have dealt with really good sellers and have been happy to send money via PayPal gift and pick up at a show months later.

I even posted black grab handles to Kam (the dodgy Geordie that he is) before I had the money in my PayPal. Would he have got that level of trust on eBay?

To be fair ray, you're a good guy though, we know that already :P but there are a few people who have been misled/ ripped off on here (including me), this is why i prefer ebay, unless I'm collecting the item myself, its paypal. On here everyone is like oo i don't like paypal or only as a gift please, you bank transfer the money and never see it again!

what part was it out of interest?

if its rare it definately wasnt a towing eye cover... there must be more of them scattered over the UK roads than dead animals!

LupoBoz couldn't get me one. Couldn't even get a part number. He tried, but he failed.

I now have 2 (one awaiting collection).

:yes: