1.4 75bhp mpg

youngie

Don't think I've ever hit 300 on a tank but most of my driving's in town cos I'm lazy & drive to work 2 miles away :lol: So the tank's about 7.5 gallons?

I have got the 1.4e too and i get around 31 32 ish. i have to do alot of town driving so i dont think its too bad as i am stop starting all the while. ultimate dubs was 30 ish mile from me and there and back with a few miles after i got 85 to quarter of a tank!

filled up on Sunday morning, got a 1.4s (is that 75 or 60?) £40 for 30litres lol, just filled up again and i did 294 miles, about 180 miles motorway, (between 70 and 90 mph) 50 miles driving sensible in town as i was trying to see how much i could get out of her, then the last lot ragging it about in the countryside as i got bored :tongueout: So about 43.1mpg

Thought that was pretty good, id say i could get 350 miles out of a tank.51mpg if it was mostly motorway driving.

I've never got anywhere near that figure with "normal" driving. Sitting at 65mp on a motorway you can get silly mpg. Very little traffic ment the throttle pedal hardly moved.

When I drive like a tit I can use about 1/4 of a tank in 30/40 miles.

It's all about not braking and then needing to accelerate again.

Get about 45 normal/42 ragging it.

Might be my age, driving style or the recon gearbox having different ratios...

youngie your Currently Driving says a 1.4 Sport but you are asking about 75hp economy. If you've got a Sport (100hp) then the ratios seem to make them very high revving on motorways etc and the economy correspondingly lower.

Edited by puggled

I get around 35 in my sport, it never usually gets a long run which is why it drops. I have seen in the 40's when doing long motorway trips before.

I usually get around 250 to a tank (until the fuel light comes on)

filled up at asda on 12/3, was 131.7 per litre

put 35 quid in for the week, 35/1.317= 26.57 litres/4.55= 5.84 gallons

did 252 miles, 252/5.84= 43.15mpg approx.

i would say this is what i regually get within 3 either side.

Turns out I was lying, I'm on 170-odd miles from just under half a tank so I am getting over 300 to a tank after all, hooray!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for pointing that out, its a 2000 1.4s.

The most i have ever managed is 240 out a tank and that is a mix of motorway and normal driving.

Howcome you guys are getting such good mpg?

My car sits just under 4000rpm at 70 is this right?

Should help acceleration as the gears are closer so it will keep it in the sweet powerband when changing up

ive been doing that feul log thing for about 6 months, i do push it on the country side and have a bit of town driving.

im averaging about 36mpg with ashley mani and decat, think i have sports box too