Door Card Speaker Adapters..

VWFTW

Hi Guyssss!..

Just a question about the Door card speakers on a Lupo..

Bought a nice pair of Fusion speakers at UD on Sunday, and fitted them the same day, only to realise when I dropped my window down.. To hear it hit against the speaker! :/ lol!

Right so abit of research and a helping hand from a friend.. To find out what speaker adapters I need for these bad boys to work!!

Apprently MK4 Golf Speaker Adapter (165mm) from Halfords/eBay.. Would do the trick?

But they are too large when I came to fit them tonight!!.. The door card won't fit over the top?

Hmm?!

Any ideas on this guys?

Thanks!!

U could either:

- purchase a custom card from someone like me.

- purchase an mdf spacer ring from egay, as cheaper than me cutting one out for u.

Best edit to say, don't usual do forums much. And ones do are generally car audio related hence the crappy number of posts to my name. :)

Edited by Charlies

Haha. Cheers Charles, well I'm willing to give these a try first, to see what can be done about them! As they should fit, anyway heres the link to what adapters I bought..

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=211111&categoryId=165626&langId=-1

But I don't know, the door cards won't fit now, as the adapters are too wide on the door..

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...