uprated brakes on a lupo 1.4s

Bazza21

hi people, been thinking of uprating my brakes and was just wondering what works well but is an easy swap ? been thinking like golf mk2 gti front callipers, discs and pad ?

thanks

baz

Early boxster front calipers and g60 discs

Brakes are fantastic

Did this require much fabrication....custom mounts? What pads are you using for these, the normal gti or boxster ones?

Did this require much fabrication....custom mounts? What pads are you using for these, the normal gti or boxster ones?

Yes Custom mounts.

standard boxster pads.

lupo brake hoses work with different banjo bolts.

Second hand calipers which I refurbish and finished in red

The boxster calipers are not the best, they work but there are better. I thought mine were the only set.

For a 1.4 75bhp Lupo I would convert to GTI brakes or G60's. You need Lupo Sport/GTI hubs though.

The boxster calipers are not the best, they work but there are better. I thought mine were the only set.

I'm using boxster fronts not rears and I have to admit they are very good it just feels like I need more rear breaking now

Ah OK, yeah they have plenty of power then. Whats the pad area/disc coverage like? Cant see the need for any more rear brakes.

The pad area/disc coverage is actually quite good.i was surprised how well everything fitted togeather but I suppose originally the boxster caliper was on a 290mm disc so only 10mm smaller.

Only reason I feel the need for bigger rears is under heavy breaking the rear seems to lift a little.car seemed to be a little more level under breaking with standard setup.mite just throw in a set of pagid rs29's see how it feels.

lol, do they even make them for the rear? I tried some Cupra Brembo's and the pad area was all wrong.

Ya they make them alright,same pad does alot of cars across the vag group.is the Cupra caliper not too wide? when I was looking for a caliper that would suit my choice was very limited. most calipers were designed to take a much wider disc than the g60