garages getting funny with camber!

Basically i have a low ofset on my wheels so they have a bit of camber to make sure they tuck, the rears have had added camber shims to make them tuck in but the cambers out by a degree difference on each side. A garage said they can adjust the toe but they can't change the camber as it wouldn't make much difference.

This is my toe and camber report without anything done, just wondered what the best course of action to take is; is it worth paying 70 quid to get them to sort the toe on the front out?

WP_000021.jpg?t=1331226466

Camber of that amount will make it dive around the road in the tramlines of trucks but won't wear your tyres really quickly.

I'd definitely want they toe sorted though as it's going to destroy your tyres and make it handle really badly too.

it's actually pretty stable tbh haven't had it at 70mph yet though, so you think it's worth getting the toe done; is the clear uneven camber on the rear an issue or not, cheers treblet

I had -2.5 on the front of mine and it destroyed the tyres within 2500 mls, The toe was set when I lowered it. I've bought some eibach adjuster bolts to fit when I have my teledials put on... Tomorrow... :thumbup:

Edited by lupygav

as said before it handles fine can drive in a straight line with hand off the wheel and it takes corners fine, going to try and get the toe sorted and just hope for the best

Both camber and most definitley any amount of incorrect toe will wear tyres....

I would say the camber will be ok although a little bit much in my opinion

But i would most definitley get the tracking soreted ASAP 20' will wear a tyre really quick but 1degree 20 min will kill them in no time

Slammed my old Polo 6n to the ground and never bothered getting the tracking sorted. Managed to shred a tyre in under 500 miles =/ was fun suddenly pulling to the left whilst going down the m25 =| I never felt like it was driving 'badly' or anything before, so came as a big surprise. Luckily got the tyre off before the police showed up to see why I was changing wheels on the hard shoulder =)

Because the hubs are on a pivot on the wishbone when you bosh the camber in it puts the toe in aswell.

When I did my coilies I did the camber myself and paid the garage £25 to adjust the toe on the front. I've never eaten through tyres and these current ones have done over 20K

Rear is not adjustable and if anything is dodge on it its the stub axle or the rear beam.

Do your toe using the string method making a box around your car, cheap as chips :)

You can adjust the rear camber and toe with camber shims, but the chances of each side being "from factory" and the same is quite slim, so ideally the car should have had the geometry checked before hand and then the camber shims adjusted to suit.

Im with mikeybopper on this one.