will 8.25j wheels fit lupo

MissBrown

Hi I am looking into purchasing a new set of alloys for my lupo sport there 15" 8.25j

Does anyone know if these will be too wide for the front?

Please advise asap

Kind regards

Kelly :yes:

Check with whoever's selling them or look for ET something e.g. "ET 38" = 38mm offset. Think you'll find they're far too big to go up front without some serious arch work anyway.

it should be stamped on the wheel if not you can work it out using good ol maths

measure from the mounting face out get this measurement. convert everything to mm so call it 210mm

the centre line of the wheel will be 105mm so subtract the back space measurement from this and it will give you the offset, + or -

Edited by jamiea7x

Not much help if you haven't got the wheels in front of you obviously lol

I got 15x8 et25 up front with no problems at all, 195/45s on too, I wouldnt write it off just yet, find out the offset, if its +25 or more youll be okay

EDIT: I had rolled arches, thats all the archwork youd need

8.25 on the rear could be a problem as mine were quite tight

Edited by max West-York

I got 15x8 et25 up front with no problems at all, 195/45s on too

Blimey, no rubbing or owt?

Blimey, no rubbing or owt?

not at the front no nothing at all

backs are a lot more work that the front because of the awkward shape of the shell as you have to roll right up into the bumper mounts which can cause problems, and the fronts can be flared more during rolling that the rears, this is even with camber shims too

Not much help if you haven't got the wheels in front of you obviously lol

well he asked how to find the offset out, and if he doesnt have the wheels and doesnt know how to find that out then he must be a fairly simple lad.all he needs to do is ask, like hes already done to us.

She has sensibly made enquiries before buying the wheels obviously.

It all depends on the ET of the wheels mate... Find that out and work it out is your best bet. I found this too, every wheel is different and everyone fits different..

Im running 8.5J up front and they sit PERFECT. :clap:

But honestly, work it out or find somone whos had them before.. thats your best bet.

Hope this has kind of helped!

Well, yes really, as she said she was looking into purchasing them, therefore she needed to know how to find out from the seller. Stop digging & curb the 'tude please mate.

"curb the 'tude"

you serious?

surely you can see the idiocy in the statement

"how do i ask a question?"

i was presuming the OP not to be that stupid and generally asking on how to find out an offset of a wheel

away and give me peace

haha that's better at least you're being funny now instead of just being a cnut :clap:

Op did ask how they should find out the offset, an answer was given, they did not ask "should I ask the seller what the offset is ?"

This thread Is now a no go due to the use of the phrase "curb your tude"

Edited by scotty_82

Haha i just thought it was a bit off calling someone stupid for not knowing about offsets, we've all got to start somewhere

Ok mate you're right whatever i'm not getting into an online d!ck fight. Or I'm at least backing out of one haha ;)