Lupo Sport Remap?

smitty12

I know a remapa on a NA engine doesnt really give much gain but has anyone had a remap done to there Lupo Sport? Reason i ask is i've been looking at Big Fish Tuning that can do a remap for £199 and expect to give gains of 16hp and 24NM of Torque which seems decent, my main thought on wanting a remap was to sort out the electronic throttle THAT I HATE! as it has a slight lag between foot down and pick up the revs, I would just like the throttle responce a bit sharper (like a cable!)

http://www.bigfishtuning.co.uk/site/find-my-car/?mid=18

I've currently got a custom intake pipe running to a PiperX panel filter and a Powerflow cat-back exhaust, was thinking Manifold but not sure just yet

Edited by smitty12

Had same conversation - you'll get the extra 16BHP only on 98 RON - on 95RON its more like 12BHP!

BUT the big difference isn't about power its about throttle response - I had my bettle done and only got about 12BHP but it was a different car.

Check out John @ DNA - he did the Beetle for me and will soon be doing the Loop - he's just joined CL so drop him a line - think he is offering a Forum special but its still £195 (I think) - good guy - really knows his stuff

Happy horsepower!

Be interested to see how you get on with that Mr Custard

Made a great difference on Maud, the Beetle.

2.0L 8v - really sluggish at getting her fat @r$e in gear and almost needed written notice 2 days in advance to perform any overtaking!

A quick twiddle @ DNA and she was a different car - don't get me wrong, she wasn't suddenly turbo 250BHP power as I think I only gained 12 or 15BHP - think this took here from 110BHP to circa 125BHP - which is still pretty low for a big bugger like her.

Main change was throttle performance and torque - instant and much more pull - quick off the mark and nippy to pop in and out of traffic.

Also had a Miltek full exhaust and K&N filter but these didn't add much other than a decent sound.

Think 112BHP and increased torque / throttle response in a Loop are going to be a major smile maker...

Just got to save some pennies - I'm more than happy to take donations towards this experiment then we'll know the results a whole lot sooner...Koop, Koop? Still there???

Maudrearside.jpg

MaudfrontL.jpg

Think 112BHP and increased torque / throttle response in a Loop are going to be a major smile maker...

D'you know I think you're on to something. If I suddenly come into money somehow I'll gladly make a donation haha

Made a great difference on Maud, the Beetle.

2.0L 8v - really sluggish at getting her fat @r$e in gear and almost needed written notice 2 days in advance to perform any overtaking!

A quick twiddle @ DNA and she was a different car - don't get me wrong, she wasn't suddenly turbo 250BHP power as I think I only gained 12 or 15BHP - think this took here from 110BHP to circa 125BHP - which is still pretty low for a big bugger like her.

Main change was throttle performance and torque - instant and much more pull - quick off the mark and nippy to pop in and out of traffic.

Also had a Miltek full exhaust and K&N filter but these didn't add much other than a decent sound.

Just got to save some pennies - I'm more than happy to take donations towards this experiment then we'll know the results a whole lot sooner...Koop, Koop? Still there???

Maudrearside.jpg

MaudfrontL.jpg

Those wheels suit the beetle nicely! And good luck with the remap, i've never thought there was much point on the 1.4 NA's as you say but i'd be happy to be proven wrong haha.

But if you don't mind me asking, how come you didn't go for the 1.8T over the 2.0NA? My mum had the 2.0 before and now has the 1.8T which i drive when i'm home from uni. 150bhp, fair amount of torque plus few extras that the 1.8T gets.

Those wheels suit the beetle nicely! And good luck with the remap, i've never thought there was much point on the 1.4 NA's as you say but i'd be happy to be proven wrong haha.

But if you don't mind me asking, how come you didn't go for the 1.8T over the 2.0NA? My mum had the 2.0 before and now has the 1.8T which i drive when i'm home from uni. 150bhp, fair amount of torque plus few extras that the 1.8T gets.

That age old story...the dosh. The 1.8T was just a bit too expensive at the time and I couldn't find the spec and colour I was after either.

That age old story...the dosh. The 1.8T was just a bit too expensive at the time and I couldn't find the spec and colour I was after either.

I had a 2.0L 8v mk4 colour concept and the engine was piss poor i've got to say! 1.8T's are cheap as chips now thou!

personally on the sport I think you're better off spending your money on a exhaust manifold and replacing the cat maybe

Don't quote me on this but I think you can adjust the sensitivity of the throttle without having to get a full on remap?

Fair enough. Sorry i wasn't having a dig i just thought spending a little extra and getting more car would work out better than getting the lesser one and spending money on modifying it. Yeah i know what you mean, some of the colours they do the beetles in are a bit.... interesting haha.

Fair enough. Sorry i wasn't having a dig i just thought spending a little extra and getting more car would work out better than getting the lesser one and spending money on modifying it. Yeah i know what you mean, some of the colours they do the beetles in are a bit.... interesting haha.

Lol - no worries - didn't think you were having a pop or I would have been a lot ruder :thumbsup:

I added all the bits to the 2.0L at a later date when cash was a bit better and yep in hindsight I'd have gone for a 1.8T - even a 19Tdi as remap here pays big dividends, but needs must and at the time the old 8v was all I could stretch to.

personally on the sport I think you're better off spending your money on a exhaust manifold and replacing the cat maybe

Don't quote me on this but I think you can adjust the sensitivity of the throttle without having to get a full on remap?

Maybe but the remap is in and out and sub £200 - don't want lots of mech work just want a bit of lower down va va voom.

We'll see how it pans out...

Ive got a Arosa Sport

Its had quite abit of work done and is now currently running 123bhp up from the standard 100bhp.

It has a Custom Code Stage2 Remap,

Shrick Cams

4-1 manifold

Full custom exhaust

BMC CDA with custom cold air intake

Lightened + balanced flywheel

A few other mods aswell makes this car awesome fun to drive.

My girlfriend has a 1.4s 75bhp It feels massively sluggish compared to my sport.

Throttle response is good and its pretty rapid for a 1.4 ! Suprises a few people in bigger engined more expensive cars !

All it needs is a 6 speed gearbox. Anyone know if the 6 speed box out of the Lupo GTI can be fitted to a Arosa Sport ? If so what else would need to be changed other than linkages ?

Ah that's a bummer :(

I'm just curios as to how I can get more MPG but still have the power. Currently around town I only get around 160 miles to a tank, On a long motorway journey at 60-65mph ill get around 200 miles to a tank.

My girlfriend gets 260 to a tank in her 1.4s

I could do with a gearbox with a longer final drive ratio so that I can cruise on motorways at 70 with low revs.

Its massive fun to drive, especially with the handling mods it has, coilovers, anti-roll bars, decent tyres.

1.4 S gearbox might help, I'm getting a sport soon & plan to do this if & when the 'box dies

:idea: someone one here's selling a strengthened S gearbox y'know

Edited by Koop

I think your car could do with some TLC jay, I currently average 40mpg in my Sport, around 330 miles to a tank

How the hell are you managing that!? Best i think i've had was about 245 on motorways with a bit of pushing now and again

I think your car could do with some TLC jay, I currently average 40mpg in my Sport, around 330 miles to a tank

I managed maximum of 276 that was all motorway driving at 60 mp/h, even Gti is more fuel efficient.