close call today

Lermy

so today came onto a roundabout (luckily not in the loop but a courtesy car) was coming off a dual carriage way and wanted to take the 4th exit off this roundabout so i pulled into the inside lane closest to the roundabout, started going round and a large flat bed van with a merc on the back pulls onto the roundabout from the 2nd exit which also happens to be a dual carriage way, he was in the outside lane ( the one furthest from central reservation) so you would naturally think oh he is going to take exit im taking ( 4th for me 2nd for him) but no as im indicate to start to come off at my exit he decides to carry on driving to leave in the next exit after the one im taking,

luckily enough i manged to swerve and avoid him and leave the roundabout at my exit

what i want to know is was i in the wrong or was it him?

sorry if this explanation confuses people didnt really know how to explain it in text

The driving instructors teach you if your turn off is at 12 o'clock or before use the left lane, if it is after 12 o'clock then right lane, unless road markings show otherwise (which they often do round here).

Exactly what I thought, so he was in the wrong and had the cheek to sound his horn at me and swear, sometimes drivings just not enjoyable any more