Stretched tyre hype..

JoeA

All these threads mentioning a crack down on stretch has me stumped. All i want to do is run 165 50 15 on a 6j wheel, is that illegal? really?

Cheers :)

You need to refer to the tyre manufacturer's own recommendations for an answer to that one. If a 6" rim is within the fitting range, you'll be OK.

All these people moaning about them seam to get stopped while sitting in carparks. 'little tip' stop sitting in car parks late at night with all your bumboys, it might help :/

Been running 165's on 7- 7.5 for 3years an never got any bother,

Been thinking about putting some 165/50's on my 7's for a while now, just a bit worried about them when they're given a bit of stick into a corner. How do get on with them in that respect?

I've to car two car meets recently where the cops turned up, pretty much every car there had stretched tyres to some extent, not a word was said about them. All the cops where interested in was how many people are turning up and telling us not to be too stupid.

If you're worried about being pulled for stretched tyres, dont run them. If you do have them, dont give the cops a reason to pull you over. It's not rocket science.

All these people moaning about them seam to get stopped while sitting in carparks. 'little tip' stop sitting in car parks late at night with all your bumboys, it might help :/

so what about club meets?

And the 'stance' your insurance company could take if ever needed could be "errrm void, sorry goodbye"

The police may be tolerant or even ignorant of the rules, but trust me most insurance assessors certainly aren't !

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus that's some stretch!

Oh and them wheels worth much? Off a mazerati, I got some.

In 7x14 or 6x14 ?

This is something I have never understood.

When I bought the wheels that are currently on my car they were fitted with Nangkang NS2's in the form of 165/50/R15.

Not only do they look ridiculous but they do not perform how the manufacturer wanted them to.

I have recently bought some 195/50/R15 Toyo Proxy T1R's.

But then that is MY opinion, and I have always been someone who would rather go to a track.