James' Flash Lupo

James2409

Hi all

thought it was about time i made one of these

had my flash red lupo since around september of last year and passed this february :clap:

phoned my insurance the day i passed and they said im allowed to put alloy wheels on but not coilovers :rant: so ive started to look into audio until my insurance goes down. needs some work doing on the exterior as lacquer peel is a state so if anyone knows who can do me base and lacquer cheapish around the midlands area i would appreciate it muchly!

its a 1.0L with no power steering so virtually a go kart.

decided to name her Kate after Kate Middleton named her dog 'Lupo' which means wolf in italian ;)

will get some pictures up as soon as possible!

Thanks for looking, James

pictures as promised..

sorry for rubbsih photo quality, my proper camera broke and havent got around to fixing it!

during a much needed wash:

IMG00336-20120305-1442-1.jpg

clean:

IMG00337-20120305-1547.jpg

boot build:

IMG00340-20120305-1548.jpg

thanks for looking, any comments and tips would be welcomed

James

haha, i need to sort out the paint work, i got lacquer peel on the bonnet and underneath the bumpstrips.. this stopped my plans of taking them off as they look a state! hopeful plans within the near future :tongueout:

• 4 months later...

havent updated this in a while! not much has changed but i got some better pictures with a better camera!

as i said earlier in the thread i had bad lacquer peel on the bonnet and also i got a lot of stone chips on the lower bumper so i have had these sprayed with further plans to get the sides sprayed also :) i'll let the pictures speak for themselves

DSCN1692.jpg

DSCN1693.jpg

DSCN1694.jpg

skinny tyres ftw ;)

DSCN1695.jpg

DSCN1696.jpg

DSCN1706.jpg

DSCN1705.jpg

DSCN1699.jpg

my insurance is up in october and i should hopefully be getting it on coilovers for then.. thanks all and any comments welcome!

James

nice one joti! yeah i am, im after either some ATS classics or a nice set of starlites which i wanna refurb in anthracite grey :) i dont like the dodgy grey interior either so thats going soon! the owner before me was filthy :evil::paperbag:

• 4 weeks later...

right so i went to v fest and made a schoolboy error of leaving my headunit facia still in and some gypsy scum smashed through the passenger window and stole it :( someone violated her :( so it calls for a new window which has been put on order and also a new headunit! calls for an upgrade ;) i shall upload some pics of the damage caused..

James

cheers man, they sound decent, as the lupos dont have rear speakers they just add a bit more atmosphere if that makes sense :shifty: haha...

it wasnt my original plan but the guy who i bought the sub and amp off just gave them me and im not really a fan of the 6x9's in the parcel shelf look!

cheers for looking

Yeah man definitely. In my first car i thought the exact same that just having front speakers sounded a bit empty but as soon as a stuck in a couple of 6 by 9's the sound seemed to fill the cabin so much better. Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

right so an update.. not that i'd like to have an update like this...

been having a bit of **** luck with this little car, we got delivered a new washing machine yesterday and the delivery lorry reversed straight into my car :/ watched it go straight into it and there was nothing that i could do.. :( was like slow motion!

needs new boot lid, new rear windscreen and probably a new rear bumper due to creasing :/

pics:

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1806.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

im gutted to say the least, only been back on the road a week since it got the window smashed being broken into :(

Cheers, James

yep me too man, just got her back on the road as well! the missus is buying me a new stereo for my birthday which is next monday bless her;).. its a slight upgrade :shifty:http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/16235.html

i think i'll remember to take it out next time!