rear drum making a noise, i think!

Cars been lowered and new wheels have been put on, added camber today but pretty sure the problem was already there.

the drums rubs on something every full rotation, obviously occurs more as speed increases and gets louder as i brake, any ideas?

Edited by vdublo

Well i wouldnt say it for 100%, but id say thats a fairly good likeyhood as you'd only get about 60k on average from a set of rear shoes. Best phone a mechanics in the morning and get some expert advice however lol ;)

Oh and try driving off with the handbrake on and see if you get a fair bit of resistance, if slacking a bit then you could be needing to change.

jack the back end of car up, stick it on axle stands, release the handbrake, turn the wheels by hand, see if anythings catching etc. (assuming your compitant with machanics) Give the wheels a tug to see if theyres any play too.

Sounds like a bearing to me though.

alright lads nice one will have a play this weekend! don't reckon its a bearing otherwise we would have noticed it whilst fitting camber shims

I had a grinding noise from my drums earlier in the week & I thought it needed new shoes, luckily I was lazy & took it to a garage & it turned out the shoes just needed realigning, 20 quid bosh!