David's Silver 1.0 E 6N2

davidelliott294

Alright!

For use that are interested, I just bought myself a Polo 6N2. Sold my Lupo today and travelled all the way from Central Scotland to Tyne and Wear today to pick it up!

I have quite a lot of plans for the car :).

Link to photo album: Click here!

Standard (AS PURCHASED): IMAG0353.jpg

Mods: (COMING SOON)

David

• 2 weeks later...

Day after purchase the car was cleaned and waxed :). Here is a picture before the mods begin.

IMAG0354.jpg

So.. A rather large box arrived a few days ago..

IMAG0357.jpg

In this rather large box was these:

IMAG0360.jpg

Just fitted my GTI Grill! I personally think this and the GTI front splitter make a major difference to the car.

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

I'm very pleased with the result and I'm extremely pleased with how it handles and the ride comfort. It is probably more comfy than the original! Joms are amazing for the money!

More plans:

GTI splitter

Colour code handles

Possibly colour code bumper strips?

GTI alloys or bbs rs'

Shark fin aerial

Alpine/focal ICE

Edited by davidelliott294

• 1 month later...

Budget has been pretty tight so haven't got any updates. Went to lower the car a little more at the front tonight. Rings were pretty tight even although they were greased! Had to fetch a hammer to move the rings!

First wheel off and I looked at the tread.. Tracking getting done this Friday and I'm going to see about getting the slight camber removed. My next mod will most likely be colour coded door handles & bumper strips or GTI splitter.

IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg

hehe.

• 1 month later...

Washed and waxed car and decided to get some pictures of how it sits now. I need a GTI splitter, RX2s and a GTI spoiler in my life :(.

I need to get new lights. The ones on this at the moment suck and are filled with ****!

IMAG0517.jpg

Side on view. Tyres are dirty, **** ass drive way :(.

IMAG0522.jpg

Drive side rear arch! :-D

IMAG0523.jpg

Rear view pic, I love this one!

IMAG0525.jpg

Left hand side view.

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

Side/front.

IMAG0530.jpg

Pictures taken with my HTC Desire HD.

Got central locking fitted. Here is a quick video of it's operation and how the wiring was routed:

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg576/...t=VIDEO0025.mp4

and sadly it seems like my pedal box has snapped today :(!

Its looking nice...

I got a new pedal box the other week... £240 from A.S.K in Lauriston... Just incase you were looking for anywhere...

Its looking nice...

I got a new pedal box the other week... £240 from A.S.K in Lauriston... Just incase you were looking for anywhere...

That's to expensive for me buddy, keep getting raped for insurance. Gonna do it myself, my dads a welder so he can weld the old one for a temp fix then i'll get the new one which is more solid. Cheers for letting me know though ;)! How did you know it was the pedal box btw?

I like the new car david you've made a good start on it keep it up

Cheers mate!

That's to expensive for me buddy, keep getting raped for insurance. Gonna do it myself, my dads a welder so he can weld the old one for a temp fix then i'll get the new one which is more solid. Cheers for letting me know though ;)! How did you know it was the pedal box btw?

I didn't is the honest answer... it went in for a new clutch but it was actually needing a new pedal box. I had managed to put a crack in the old one... Supposidily pedal boxes are a problem on VW's... :/

I didn't is the honest answer... it went in for a new clutch but it was actually needing a new pedal box. I had managed to put a crack in the old one... Supposidily pedal boxes are a problem on VW's... :/

Yeah they are common but I just managed to move off slightly in 5th. Pedal box and clutch failure symptoms :S.