Rcd200 head unit

Basically would like to install a rcd 200 head unit in my lupo, what adaptors are needed and any pics ?

You'll have to turn it on every hour or so as you have no canbus signal to tell it to stay on.

thanks looks like i wil stick with my gamma unit

Edited by Pippard 1.0

Mr ColinG ran one on his old GTI for a while and had tthis issue. I asked a local audio fitter (do all Audi work) and they said there was no workaround.

OK if you're only doing short journeys.

after it turns off after one hour can u just push the power button to pop it back on again or does it not turn on at all till ignition off and bk on?

as even if u went on a 2 hour drive u only need to just push the button turn it back on again which you may lost odd second or two which i be happy with

after it turns off after one hour can u just push the power button to pop it back on again or does it not turn on at all till ignition off and bk on?

as even if u went on a 2 hour drive u only need to just push the button turn it back on again which you may lost odd second or two which i be happy with

My beta unit is not receiving an ignition or maybe Can-bus signal so i have to manually turn it on and off, its not to much of an issue and becomes almost like a routine. i'm meaning to take the car to an auto electrician but haven't had the time

Lupos aren't canbus.

I believe the rcd200 just needs turning back on, don't think you need to restart the car. It's probably more an of annoyance than anything.

What connectors will you need then as they have a weird connector and what about the aerial cable as there isn't a slot in te back for the lupo ones

• 1 year later...