Getting a das 6 polisher, need help ???

d4n91

yes i understand that you start off with for example......the finishing pad with menzerna po85rd then if to no avail go onto something like the finishing pad again but with menzerna po85rd3.02 etc etc. that is right isnt it or would you try the po106fa on the finishing pad ?

Also is the tape not neccessary ?? also another quicker how do you go about polishing the door handles and wing mirrors ? just do them carefully ? or leave them out ?

Edited by d4n91

I'd start with RD3.02 on a polishing pad, it's a medium polish but it has the right amount of cut to get rid of swirling and also finishes down really well if jewelled for a couple of passes at the end of the set. It may need multiple hits though. Then refine with 106FA or 85RE. I don't know how bad the defects are do you have any shots under a light source?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dan,

Those swirls look like the ones I had on my car too before correction.

That also looks like theres a fair bit oxidisation in there, that will cut out but will probably take a few hits with the paint being so hard.

Thanks for the PM, I've replied :)

cheers mate just read the thread on dw and wish id have listened to you now and gone with the megs mf system but oh well ill see how i get on with the menz items and go from there, im not expecting miracles.

I haven't tried the Das 6 but I have the Pro and it felt a big step up from the PC I used previously. I have a rotary too but to be honest, the DAS does the job perfectly well without any of the risks of the rotary. The key will be using the right polish/pad combo and working the paint correctly.

Nice one.

The rotary is a lot smoother than the DA but as you say the DA is safer but when using the rotary aslong as the machine is kept moving, pad flat to the panel all should be well. Providing paint readings have been taken prior to machining.