`De-Locking` Information Opinions Please

Phlegyas

Was looking at this and it seems simple enough

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...light=delocking

just a few questions.

Dose it affect your insurance (do you need to tell them)

What about the boot?

Dose this affect the security of the car?

anything else i should know??

Thanks!!

Dose it affect your insurance (do you need to tell them)

As with any mods, it would be a good idea to let the insurance know.

I wouldnt say it would effect your insurance premiums though.

Dose this affect the security of the car?

Makes it more difficult to break in biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

anything else i should know??

If you do deside to remove the boot lock also, could be worth while thinking of a back up plan incase the battery is flat and you can not get into the car.

I dont think anyone has done all the lot (well maybe they have and I havn't read about it)

I know Darren (LINCONSHIRELUPOGTI) delocked the doors, and hes had no problems.

Yes mate, some sort of hidden release, even if its a bonnet pop so you can get to the jump points, so no one can accidently come accross a hidden release for the main cab doors.

i have delocked ma doors , but when u look round the doors and boot u dont see the lock i have left as it is the boot lock as it is hidden under the S badge on the boot

Just spoke to my local stealers and the bloke said as long as their VW parts it should have no affect on the warranty but he will need to check into it.

also gave him the part numbers

Dummy lock- 3b4 839 167

Primed cap - 3b4 839 879

but the Primed cap number was wrong. dose anyone have an alternative part number?

thanks!!

Had my doors `de-locked` at the dealer when the car was only a few months old. They fu..ed them up though (as they did everything they did on the car) and the drivers door wouldnt open from the outside as they knocked the handle `pick-up` out of position. Once I blocked their garage and made them fix the problem there and then everything has been fine ever since.

Got banned from dealer but this was after lots of issues and I wont waffle on in this post (well they stated they would rather I didnt go there anymore actually as they did not feel they could meet my high expectations) - what expecting them to do their job correctly!!!

I went to my local on my lunch and ordered the parts, so hopefully if I got them on Thursday I will try and get them painted (also need a towing eye cover painted) with some scratches done and fit them ASAP.

Thanks for all the help, This site should be advertised in the log book!!!

"need any help, don’t ask us ask them"

just remember dont take the screw the whole way out when u relise the lock mech as some stuff aparently falls inside the door and buggers up the handle

just remember to keep the locks that u take out as this means that if u go to sell the car and the person wants the locks u dont need to go and spend £50 a lock from VW and the locks match the key so u dont need to get another key as well . when i done it i was surprized at how long the lock mech is

I was worried about that so i will do a couple of turns at a time and check to see if its loose and go from there. Gong to take my time and not rush it. Might see if i have a magnetic bit as well so less chance of loosing the screw if I mess up