Marketplace Changes - Classifieds section in development

CasperGTI

Due to the ever increasing number of scammers and problematic sales on this site and others we are soon to be introducing a whole new way that items will be sold on this forum.

This is a notice of change to all members, the T&C's will change and the marketplace will be shut down to start fresh with the new classifieds software, everyone selling items will have to start their adverts again, and will have to abide by the rules imposed by us from the start. The software will not allow you to list the advert unless it is correctly filled out.

The rules will be very strict, coming inline with rules adopted by other forums/clubs. There will be an email sent you you individual outlining the new rules and changes to the T&C's.

The classified section rules are:

1. All items must include the following:

a) Price.

b. Location

c) Contact number

d) Photo/s

e) Your Club Lupo user name displayed (on paper or cardboard) in EVERY photo and MUST be clearly visible. This does not apply to vehicles being sold/broken.

2. The classified section is open to PRIVATE sellers only

3. No eBay links.

4. No feelers, 'offers' or 'make me an offer'

5. No selling on behalf of family, friends etc.

6. All wanted adverts must be in the Wanted Section or else they WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE.

7. Photos are Compulsory, we will not accept "photos up later" or "photos tomorrow" as an excuse. No Photos = Deleted Advert

8. Only post in the Thread if you are INTERESTED in buying the item/s from.

9. You may only place private for sale items in the classified section, nowhere else on the forum is permitted.

The changes to the T&C's are:

1. Account suspension for ANY useless comments made in another members for sale advert, the length of the suspension will be determined by the moderating team based on the severity of the post.

2. All adverts placed in the classified section must comply to the rules of the classified section.

3. Any advert placed in the classified section which does not comply to every rule stated in the classified rules section, will be deleted by the moderating team without notice.

4. Repeat offenders of item 3 will have the ability of sell on Club Lupo removed.

5. No traders in the classifieds section. If you are a trader please contact one of the moderating team to be verified.

The date for the changeover will be Monday 5th March 2012

Thanks

John

Just 1 quick question.

If you are say currently advertiseing items at the moment in the parts for sale but you have not put user name in front of the pics (as this was before the classfields)

Is it possible to uses those photos.

Many thanks in advance.

I'm going to say no as that would contravene article 1.e) ;) Just take more pics isnit.

This can only be positive imo, excellent work CL overlords :D

I disagree with the 'only posting if interesting in buying the item' rule. What is its purpose?

Example 1

Seller - For sale Polo GTI gearbox

Buyer - Will this fit my Lupo GTI

Seller - Yes

Buyer - Nice one, money sent.

Buyer then receives totally inappropriate part as nobody was allowed to post in the thread telling him it wont fit.

Example 2

Seller - For sale, BBS wheels

Buyer - They genuine?

Seller - Yes

Buyer - Payment sent

Buyer then receives some fake BBS, nobody was allowed to post saying they are fake.

I appreciate its 'buyer beware' but surely we can give advice to members without them starting a new thread asking for it?

I disagree with the 'only posting if interesting in buying the item' rule. What is its purpose?

Example 1

Seller - For sale Polo GTI gearbox

Buyer - Will this fit my Lupo GTI

Seller - Yes

Buyer - Nice one, money sent.

Buyer then receives totally inappropriate part as nobody was allowed to post in the thread telling him it wont fit.

Example 2

Seller - For sale, BBS wheels

Buyer - They genuine?

Seller - Yes

Buyer - Payment sent

Buyer then receives some fake BBS, nobody was allowed to post saying they are fake.

I appreciate its 'buyer beware' but surely we can give advice to members without them starting a new thread asking for it?

But in your example the person asking the questions is clearly intrested in buying he just wants more info. i think its more for when people post things like " Thats far too expensive you will never sell these"....

And they clearly has no intension of buying.

You are missing the point, the fact is in both cases the sale went thorugh because nobody could post saying 'dont buy that because xxx'. Wheras we should be able to advise a prospective buyer on the suitablity/integerity of the item in question.

this is a very good update but I must agree with Defcon, there has to be some sort of le-way so the buyer and the seller are both correct in what they are saying, for example someone selling a polo dash alot of people know its too small but without getting some advise from someone outside of they sale they can only go by the sellers word, which they may lie or might just not know, hope this makes sence

You are missing the point, the fact is in both cases the sale went thorugh because nobody could post saying 'dont buy that because xxx'. Wheras we should be able to advise a prospective buyer on the suitablity/integerity of the item in question.

PM?

Because you might be wrong & put other potential buyers off I suppose. Some sort of feedback section could be handy though.

Questions and comments will still be allowed, but only if relevant with the item for sale.

It's spam and all the derogatory comments which cause the issues. These will be removed and posting members issues with a suitable penalty.

Defcon, obviously we will not remove comments that are relevant. As you see in the T&C's punishment is only relevant to innopropriate comments, we do have some sort of common sence.

And as you know, there is a report function for this problem if you see one.

We are going to leave the marketplace available for a few weeks whilst the classified section gets rolling. members can still view the section but there will be a posting restriction. Hopefully this will make the transition smooth

Defcon, obviously we will not remove comments that are relevant. As you see in the T&C's punishment is only relevant to innopropriate comments, we do have some sort of common sence.

And as you know, there is a report function for this problem if you see one.

We are going to leave the marketplace available for a few weeks whilst the classified section gets rolling. members can still view the section but there will be a posting restriction. Hopefully this will make the transition smooth

Thanks, that will be helpfull.

The new software is really nice to use, it should hopefully make life easier for people buying and selling as well as us moderators who have to police it!

I'm looking forward to it rolling out on Monday and seeing it used properly rather than us lot testing it out.

The scammer never supplied his details, I found them already posted publicly on the internet. I just repeated them for the warning.

If you don't want to post your telephone number or email that's fine, you just will not be able to sell anything.

Any queries, i suggest you actually look in to the data protection act more than just using the word as something to threaten us with.

By signing up to this forum you are accepting our T&C's - A contract to use this forum in such, please make yourself aware with the sentence under privacy:

Your privacy

* Club Lupo will not sell or pass on private details that we hold about our members unless it is necessary and considered as our legitimate interest to do so.

* Club Lupo reserves the right to reveal a members identity and any information we hold about a member in the event of legal action arising from behaviour on this forum/other forums or at club events.

If you look in to the data protection act, and look to section B9 pt7 on the guidelines document you will see that by signing up to our forum and accepting the T&C's (our contract) you are for filling the first requirement for "processing" of personal data by consenting to the T&C's.

It is considered our Legitimate interest to protect our members, therefore we are asking for the data to be shown. If you do not want to show this then you will have to find somewhere else to sell your items, which there are plenty of.

If you do not agree with the T&C's then please let one of the moderating team know and we will remove your account from the forum.

Many Thanks

John

I will quote two extracts from the DPA for you regarding the definition of processing, and the conditions of processing. I hope this helps you understand.

Processing, in relation to information or data, means obtaining, recording or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including –

(a) organisation, adaptation or alteration of the information or data,

(b. retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data, disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, or

(d) alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data.

At least one of the following conditions must be met whenever you process personal data:

• The individual who the personal data is about has consented to the processing.
  • The processing is necessary:
    - in relation to a contract which the individual has entered into; or
    - because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
  • The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies to you (except an obligation imposed by a contract).
  • The processing is necessary to protect the individual’s “vital interests”. This condition only applies in cases of life or death, such as where an individual’s medical history is disclosed to a hospital’s A&E department treating them after a serious road accident.
  • The processing is necessary for administering justice, or for exercising statutory, governmental, or other public functions.
  • The processing is in accordance with the “legitimate interests” condition.

I hope this makes it clear for you. Regarding the "threat" i appreciate this is the internet and things are easily perceived in the front context. I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Regards

John

Ok, so before the internet the only way to sell things was to place an advert in a local magazine/newspaper, or leave an advert in a corner shop.

You wouldn't put no contact number on that would you? How would they ever contact you if you didnt, so this is the way it is going to stay.

The rule is we want a contact number, so that is the rule. If your not happy with it then please use some other way of selling your item. We are trying to make it safer when it comes to buying things for all our members so thats the way it is going to be I'm afraid.

John

Ok, so before the internet the only way to sell things was to place an advert in a local magazine/newspaper, or leave an advert in a corner shop.

You wouldn't put no contact number on that would you? How would they ever contact you if you didnt, so this is the way it is going to stay.

The rule is we want a contact number, so that is the rule. If your not happy with it then please use some other way of selling your item. We are trying to make it safer when it comes to buying things for all our members so thats the way it is going to be I'm afraid.

John

:clap: :clap:nice to hear :clap: :clap:

Exactly, you put an ad out there you need contact details. Maybe some people want to speak to the seller before paying.

Alternatively: You can put an email address if you wish. If you are worried about 'bots' type it as "bigbird at clublupo.co.uk".

...and we are not eBay, therefore do not have the resources when things go wrong. Just trying to make it "a little safer" for those purchasing.

• MattyB unpinned this topic