replacement door speakers?

jim8

Hi, I'm looking to replace my front door speakers as mine seem to have had their day. Firstly what size are they? and can anybody recommend a good cheapish pair around the £40 mark.

Cheers Jim

Mine have had it too, I get a annoying buzzing noise on the drivers door. Ive been looking at halfords and found a pair of FLI speakers for about 40 quid but still deciding as not heard much about them. My friend used to fit speakers & subs etc and he told me to avoid ripspeed (halfords own brand) as he says from the ones hes seen its a bit cheap and not very good quality.

Mine have had it too, I get a annoying buzzing noise on the drivers door. Ive been looking at halfords and found a pair of FLI speakers for about 40 quid but still deciding as not heard much about them. My friend used to fit speakers & subs etc and he told me to avoid ripspeed (halfords own brand) as he says from the ones hes seen its a bit cheap and not very good quality.

Thats what both mine are doing, thought it might be the panel that was loose but seems not as i tryed it without and still the same.

think i'm going to run some wires to the rear panels as well as i've taken them off for a look and both can be fitted with 6.5" speakers and a tweeter too. should be fairly easy to do.

Also if your buying anything from Halfords make sure you reserve it online to pickup in store as you can save alot of your hard earned cash, I just saved £15 on the in store price for my head unit.

Spend a bit more money and go for some decent speakers such as Focal or Infinity. You won't regret it if you like your music louder.

Not really into making my eardrums bleed so don't need to go spending silly money, as i'm sure a good quality £40 speaker will produce very good sound.

But thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Thats what both mine are doing, thought it might be the panel that was loose but seems not as i tryed it without and still the same.

think i'm going to run some wires to the rear panels as well as i've taken them off for a look and both can be fitted with 6.5" speakers and a tweeter too. should be fairly easy to do.

Also if your buying anything from Halfords make sure you reserve it online to pickup in store as you can save alot of your hard earned cash, I just saved £15 on the in store price for my head unit.

I thought it might have been the panel aswell at first, i think it might be part of the speaker inside thats dropped or something as its been getting worse the louder i play my music. (to try and drown out the buzzing noise)

Oooh right, thanks for that. i will do that in future as got a halfords quite local to me. :)

im considering new door speakers next, Mine have gotten a bit of a pasting and yeah its not good. there not broke but they buzz like mad. Are there any like wiring harnesses available so you don't cut the Standard connector? And what size speaker is good to get and what kinda spacers?

Are there also any other better places to look than halfrauds? :)

Edited by James827

Firstly stay away from halfrauds. Simple mdf spacers made up or brought from egay. 18mm deep sufficient for most speakers. Would recommend running 2-way components rather thank coxials. Especially as standard set up is 2-way components.

£40 will get you crap. Budget should be double to triple that as a bare minimum. Otherwise your'll end up with worse than standard lol.

Firstly stay away from halfrauds. Simple mdf spacers made up or brought from egay. 18mm deep sufficient for most speakers. Would recommend running 2-way components rather thank coxials. Especially as standard set up is 2-way components.

£40 will get you crap. Budget should be double to triple that as a bare minimum. Otherwise your'll end up with worse than standard lol.

No offence, But that is a load of rubbish. A good quality £40 speaker is way better than the standard paper cone ones.

I replaced mine with a set of Alpines around £40, similar price in Halfords. I think they are 16.5cm and fit perfect with a spacer ring. Quality is better than standard and worth the coin.

i have some, terrible to say the least. no bass and just generally sound pants. seen some mtx road thunders on car sudio sercurity for 34.99 and they seem a safe bet tbh

• 3 weeks later...

Ive currently got some alpines in my lupo. They are a lot better than the standard ones and fitted fine with some mdf rings. Having said that i just like music and wanted better than standard so they may not be the best. As treblet has said pay more and get better ones mine were half price at £50 when i got them. My mate had some £40 fli jobbies and they were awful.