Norwegian Lupo - Got lows :D

Thealex

Are these hard to change?

I googled the forum, and some said that the waterpump and alternatorbelt with tensioner also could be the problem. I guess changing all of it is good for the engine anyways :)

Thank you for the link!

Edited by Thealex

aye,makes a slight sound like that, but not exactly like it. it's more tick tick tick and that tractor sound. Well it makes that sound to :P But it's so weak that it's not worrying yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the engine just needed an oil change. It's not as noisy anymore :)

haha, had a little accident tho. The plasticthingy I used to empty the oil in, had a leak. So now it's oil all over the driveway XD

I have parked over it, so the guy I rent from won't see it :P (I rent an appartment in a basement, so he's a floor up) Have to find something to clean up the oil with.

Used cat sand to clean it up.

But the driveway is made of some sort of brick/stone, and they are now black :P brake or clutch cleaner is a good idea. Will have to check Biltema(probably similar to halfords) :)

7380783526_08fd13b4eb.jpg

Before

7380787890_e358907a9c.jpg

Luckily we got to use my friends dads garage, as it was raining dogs there for a while.

7380791902_1b52dcd994.jpg

My friend helping me. None of us have ever really done something like this before. So we were surprised how easy it actually was.

7380796286_2849a82039.jpg

Result. Can go lower on front, but guess they will naturally sink a bit.

7380798256_c61eb161bd.jpg

Can't go lower on the rear :/ Might have to do the new hole mod.

7380799882_90f86d5684.jpg

Sweet :D They'll settle, reckon my rears have dropped a good 10mm. Still got the adjusters in?

You can take the rear spring off and unwind the two adjuster rings for a bit more lows, or you could take the silver cup with the thread on and jubilee clip the springs nt the holders. Under normal circumstances you won't need the clips because standard springs re just sat in place, but because the springs are shorter on coilovers, the spring may come lose and fall out when jacking up, such as mot times!

My adjusters are still in but I thought of taking the adjuster rings off when I stripped & cleaned em, as in unscrew the ring but leave the cup in which i think is what dubmuffin is suggesting