Chris260's Lupo GTI

chris260

Mine rub with 20mm, but yes, just on big fast dips. They just catch on the lip of the arch, not eonough to mark the tyre, but enough to break through the paint. :(

Rolling would sort it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought i'd snap some more recent pictures up of the cab seeing as i had it out of the garage at lunchtime.

7636722192_3141f144bf_c.jpg

Cab02 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

7636721786_fe6c469182_c.jpg

Cab01 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

I haven't done anything to the lupo recently but bought some new wax so i gave it a good clean. Highly recommend the Poorboys nattys paste as it's a million times easier to remove than the old megs stuff!

Nattys paste is cheap and cheerfull.

The cab actually left the garage? It'll be a late summer, you could enjoy some roof down times.

I've found myself doing it.

Nattys paste is cheap and cheerfull.

The cab actually left the garage? It'll be a late summer, you could enjoy some roof down times.

I've found myself doing it.

That's why i bought it! I thought it was worth a try for that price.

The garage needed sweeping out so the cab had to come out really.

I've done a few bits on it, took the helpers out on the front of the cab so rides a lot better now so it gave me a chance to see how it was sitting with those out. It's given a lot more clearence for the wheels so i'm going to stick with the ML's for now. Also fitted a standard front spoiler as i was sick of ripping the mk2 one off.

Still got a few jobs left to do on it, fit a water temp sensor, front and rear flexis,discs and pads, new tailpipe for the exhaust, paint here and there. I'm sure i've bought stuff for it that's in the garage somewhere too so i'll have to check that out!

• 1 month later...

Quick update with a pic from Edition. Stuck the roofbox on for the trip down to Overstone which made things a lot easier for getting the camping stuff in!

7936086868_990e41d038_c.jpg

Lupo @ E38 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

Nothing major to report apart from bought a load of new detailing stuff so gave the interior a good going over to keep it looking fresh. After seeing how some have worn whilst at edition i can see why foxy went for the heavier grade of leather.

Next up is a service then i want to upgrade the filter and exhaust!

Cheers guys, really happy with the car at the moment.

Kent and Joe, love both your cars. Especially the plate on yours Joe, very fitting!! :thumbup:

Apart from the filter and exhaust there's a few bodywork bits i want to do still. Possibly a polo or mk5 boot handle as the filler has sunk a bit where my boot handle was removed or might just get it redone the same.

I think i know what route i want to go down with the wheels but i'd like to keep it OEM so looking at a number of options.

Bring back the badge.

What type of badge would you like me too bring back? I'll see what i can do as i have a selection.

Also here's a photo from when Foxy visited with his replacement for the Lupo.

557308_4650566746568_50298050_n.jpg

Edited by chris260

Cheers! It's a pain in the arse to keep clean mind, i wish it was silver! :lol:

Roofbox was an ebay find, nobody else bid on it so it just went for the starting price. I won't compain!

Apparently it's the box VW offered as the official accesory too so keeping with the OEM theme. Keep your eye on ebay and gumtree as they often come up for about £60, it's a Thule Polar 100.

• 6 months later...

I've not posted anything in here recently as i've been up to my eyeballs with wedding stuff and actually having to fix stuff.

Here's what's been going on since september, sorry for the phone pics!

I gave it a good clean before the winter, topping it off with 2 coats of poorboys. Considering getting a short plate so i stuck the one on from the golf.

2012-12-19131330_zpsa5a7c459.jpg

Stuck a K&N panel filter in it just after christmas, i know a lot of people say there's no benefit but i definitely felt a difference with this. Whether or not it's because of the old one being fairly dirty i don't know but never felt this much difference from just a standard replacement filter. Could also be due to the remap but who knows, it drives loads better anyway!

2012-12-25142953_zps40b132b7.jpg

Took it for it's MOT in Febuary and it passed with only an advisory for the exhaust, excuse the MOT ride height!

2013-01-29135603_zps56bd9488.jpg

However on the way back the brakes were absolutely stinking so i prepared for the worst. A big chunk of brake pad was sitting on the driveway too so was fairly certain at this point it was new caliper time. Foxy told me when i bought it that it was dodgy.

Here are the driver's side pads i took out!

2013-02-19124519_zps2d2dd317.jpg

Ordered up a new rear caliper and then also discovered one of the fronts had seized. This was the source of the stinking brakes but it must've only just happened on the brake test for the MOT, probably due to me hardly using it over the winter.

Shiny new rear caliper!

2013-02-21122050_zps35414c5e.jpg

I managed to get 2 polo gti hub assemblies including ABS sensors, calipers and carriers for £40 out of pure luck they were being sold in Brackley when we went to visit Sarah's parents so snapped them up.

2013-02-19124554_zpsaf6a6505.jpg

Bled the brakes a few times which is always fun

2013-02-25173437_zpse6e0d97c.jpg

Then i was back in business!

Inherited a decent toolbox and cleaned up the garage.

2013-03-09181731_zpsa58c9cfb.jpg

Smoked my plates.

2013-03-22135436_zpsff51984c.jpg

then got the car this dirty in about 100 miles, bring on the summer!!

2013-03-24153520_zpse89b262a.jpg

Still loving the GTI so i don't think i'll be selling it any time soon. I want an exhaust for it yet as it annoys me that this one doesn't sit straight so hopefully that'll happen soon.

Also, i did a quick shoot with Payna as he'd got his interior done. His was way cleaner than mine so i'll leave a couple of pics here.

8621463361_9e1cb97b7b_c.jpg
Lupo GTI Autumn by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

8210053271_ccaefe76e4_c.jpg
Lupo GTI Autumn 01 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr