Chris260's Lupo GTI

chris260

Jon you obviously know how bad they were before!

Gave it a mini detail on Friday and the paint has come up really well, should look a bit better with the wheels silver. I'm going to chuck the modernlines on from the cabby while I paint the bathursts so will put some pics up when they're on!

Hey nice car, must have been a proper legend who had it before.

The rear goodridge braided hoses and copper/nickel lines are still in my garage.

LOL A legend would give me those for free! :ninja:

Gave it a bit of a going over on Friday after work but it got too dark before i could finish it off so that'll have to wait for another time. I did manage to get a lot of the swirling out so the paint's coming up nicely, just need to order some new wax then i'll get back on the case.

Chucked the Schmidts on after work yesterday, reasonably happy with them but i think they need spacing out the back 10mm or so. I tried them with the 20mm spacers before this but were a bit too wide! They're also really tight against the G60's!!

7020348315_0b2d6efaf8_c.jpg

Lupo on Schmidts by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

7020350055_d2978c27fe_c.jpg

Lupo on Schmidts 2 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

Refurb on the Bathursts is this week's next task!

Sack off the refurb for now and run those through the summer, your cabby will never see the road so you might as well use them before the tyres perish away to dust. :P

Looks great. :)

I know, you're all right! I probably will end up running these over the summer.

It's the carriers that sit close on mine, yours look fairly close on that picture anyway! Can't believe you broke the salsa either, i was actually contemplating ringing you about buying it when i read you'd broken it!

I always knew I'd break it.

The salsa had it's time and it had to die. (You'd be suprised how many people still complain about my breaking it)

Now it's all about the mk2. Leon rebuilt the edges of the battery tray tonight from sheet, it's ready for some of that sacred colour to go on it tomorrow, then I'm going to crack on and make it run. . . . .

• 1 month later...

I agree. Sarah has probably got him doing chores as he hasn't been posting much on Flickr either.

It's sad when such a nice bloke goes down the pan due to a relationship.

C'mon Chris, break those chains!

breaking-the-chains-10-462x306.jpg

I agree. Sarah has probably got him doing chores as he hasn't been posting much on Flickr either.

It's sad when such a nice bloke goes down the pan due to a relationship.

C'mon Chris, break those chains!

breaking-the-chains-10-462x306.jpg

says the man who's partner keeps booking holidays so he can't go to shows ....

No interesting updates on this at the moment, i've just been using it!

The battery light came on yesterday morning so tested it when i got to work and it was only making 12.3 volts with the car running. Looks like the alternator is knackered then!

I've also got an intermittent issue with the ABS pumping back through the pedal and occasionally crunching when setting off. I think i've traced this to a bent ABS ring so need to get that done too. Foxy had put on a new ABS sensor which points me in the direction of the ring although hoping that the bent ring hasn't damaged the sensor too.

Just got to get these issues sorted then i'll be able to do fun stuff on it again!

• 5 weeks later...

After being away i finally got the battery light issue on lupo sorted yesterday, turns out it wasn't the alternator after all but the 110amp fuse in the little fusebox in the engine bay. The mechanic said the wire was shorting out on something so he just cleaned up the connections and stuck a new fuse in. Looks to have cured the problem anyway!

While it was off the road i got on with the refurb on the bathursts. I couldn't make my mind up on whether to go for the black again or back to silver but went for silver in the end for a change, they came out ok for a rattle can job so they'll do for now.

7183699435_680a09468b_c.jpg

Bathurst Refurb by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

I also managed to get it a bit cleaner after being stood neglected for 3 weeks! I need to drop the front back down again as i'd raised it to get on the ramps. Apologies for the crappy phone pic too!

7368942582_a0499fdd56_c.jpg

Cleaned up 2 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

Roofbox is next on the list!

im saddened i saw your lupo number 1 for sale wanted to buy it but i wasnt quick enough with my decision

Was that when I had it up for sale or just recently? I would've loved to have bought it back, looks like it's been well looked after. It's disappeared from pistonheads so guessing it's gone to another home.

Bathursts do look awesome in silver, I wish they did them a inch bigger though. You need to get yours done Phil!

Ray, you're way too greedy with the bathursts. Share the love!