Lupo GTI

Georgie_x

Hey guys and girls,

I haven't been on in ages (been really busy :( )

I've decided as much as I love my 1.0l Lupo it's time for an upgrade. I'm looking at getting a GTI bit of a step up but hey =D

I've looked at a few so far... a really mint red one, she looked like she had just come out of the factory! But she sold the day of me looking at her ='(

I'm currently looking at a black one, it's just sat in the guys garage as he hasn't bothered to advertise it! So its covered in dust! The battery is dead (but he's putting a new one in) and I know I've got to look for the general stuff....scratches, dents, brakes etc. But I just wondered is there anything I need to really look out for? E.G any problems with the GTI?

Thanks guys!

xxxxxx

Make sure the GTI only bits are there and good. Headlights especially as they are very expensive. Also make sure bonnet, front wings and doors are aluminium as they are GTI only parts (should be non magnetic). Check electric windows work and starter motors are prone to grumbling. Make sure gearbox selects nicely especially if its a 5 speed as they are made of cheese.

If the headlight bulbs are pink or faulty then it's a front bumper off job to replace the bulbs so be warned.

Hey guys and girls,

I haven't been on in ages (been really busy :( )

I've decided as much as I love my 1.0l Lupo it's time for an upgrade. I'm looking at getting a GTI bit of a step up but hey =D

I've looked at a few so far... a really mint red one, she looked like she had just come out of the factory! But she sold the day of me looking at her ='(

I'm currently looking at a black one, it's just sat in the guys garage as he hasn't bothered to advertise it! So its covered in dust! The battery is dead (but he's putting a new one in) and I know I've got to look for the general stuff....scratches, dents, brakes etc. But I just wondered is there anything I need to really look out for? E.G any problems with the GTI?

Thanks guys!

xxxxxx

Where did you see the red one, out of interest?

I recently bought mine, but there were only 3 red GTIs that I could see in the UK (using Auto Trader, this site, ebay and Pistonheads)???

Other bits to look for other than the central locking/electric windows is bubbling in the roof drainage channels and the spolier/high brake light - those are the main Achilles points, so I'm led to believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advise guys, i finally got to drive it yesterday :)

There are only a couple of problems that i could see: small amount of bubbling in the drainage channels and the starter motors screaks on start up. Other than that ge just needs some tlc e.g stone chips need sorting, needs new front tints, and needs a really good clean! Hopefully i get to go and pick her up next week as the guy is getting the bumpers sprayed again for me :)

The red one i looked at was on piston heads, and was in stafford (just down the road) its was mint! Black alloys, leather, heated seats and show room condition! I believe it went for about £4000.

I have a black one im selling because i got offered a red one by a mate that working in a bmw garage,a lady doctor came in a px'ed it,Red 6 speed,heated leather (that im selling by the way),Air Con,Sunroof.Well happy with it as you dont find many with Air Con & Sunroof.

Great to hear your joining the gti club ;-)

I can't wait to join the GTI club. Just waiting to get 1 year NCD under my belt before I go for it. I hope there are some nice ones available when I'm ready. No doubt you'll see a wanted ad on 20/10/13!