Anyone seen a new up!

lupo1.0se

The thing is though, when the lupo came out it was literally just like a mkiv golf but smaller.

Biggest commoner car of all time - Lupo looks nothing like it!

The new Up doesn't look like any of the VW range which is ruddy brilliant as their styling is utterly piss poor as of late.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it think the little UP looks great but like a few have said not sure about the cheap looking dash and the funny looking tail lights. But nothing that whould stop me buying one.

Also think the VW Go looks better than it's sister the Seat Mii and much better than the Skoda.

From the back a lupo does looks like a mkiv golf. Also has the same trademark wide C pillar. James May agrees!

JCT600 in York have the 'Black' up!

Mk4 Golf? If anything it's a mini Mk3 Polo that looks like a Mk4 Polo.

You're comparing a Mk3 polo to a lupo?

Edited by jon_273

You're comparing a Mk3 polo to a lupo?

It's a shortened 6n chassis & shares half the components, so yes.

Evening everyone. Popped by my local dealer after work an hour ago to take a couple of pics of their Up! Got a peak of the inside as a salesman was about to move it as I was leaving. Didn't think much of it. This particular car had that optional nav screen which took the price of this one to £10,000 said the guy.

In my opinion the Lupo GTI, well in fact the Lupo in general, still looks the superior car.

Upfront.jpg

Uprear.jpg

Also took pics of the new Beetle in the showroom:

Beetle6.jpg

Beetle4.jpg

Beetle1.jpg

and back on topic, ish, a Spanish Lupo GTI, seen in Madrid in January:

SpanishLupGTI.jpg

Enjoy!

Evening everyone. Popped by my local dealer after work an hour ago to take a couple of pics of their Up! Got a peak of the inside as a salesman was about to move it as I was leaving. Didn't think much of it. This particular car had that optional nav screen which took the price of this one to £10,000 said the guy.

In my opinion the Lupo GTI, well in fact the Lupo in general, still looks the superior car.

Upfront.jpg

Enjoy!

This is probably a move up! The reason why it is pricey is because it has optional extra paint (as the silver is £450 option) I am suprised they did not spec alloys.

I've just remembered I've got 2 mates with mk3s so I quite clearly knew this :roflmao: I'm totally not a stoner or anything haha

Went to see an Up! today! Got a brochure for it, and a What Car? comparison guide that came with it, to prove how 'amazing' it is.

Asked to have a look around inside the thing too. Very impressed tbh. I take everything back, comparing it to other cars in its category it's stunning, the price, equipment... It does have a lot of Lupo touches which I am sure I bored the Salesman with ha.

The guy said it has completely over shadowed the new Beetle release! Also has had 9 orders for release day. Also mentioned the GT version will probably run a 1.2L engine.

And he let slip a possible GTI version, running 135bhp... But I took that info with a pinch of salt.

Will upload pics of the Up! white and the brochure later :)

anyone seen the UP GT.

looks miles better than the boggy standard UP .

rear end is a lot nicer, had a look around and also found some renders for an UP GTI , which looks incredible.

that however is just a pipe dream at the moment.

It is all about the GT. They've got what looks like the high spec one mentioned previously at the vw garage over the road from my work in crewe

IMAG0389.jpg

Tried to get a pic of the interior but crappy phone camera & sunshine conspired against me, you can't see it very well but it's got a glossy dash & sat nav

IMAG0388.jpg

Looks ok in silver tbf. And I quite fancy those wheels

And he let slip a possible GTI version, running 135bhp... But I took that info with a pinch of salt.

I take most things with a pinch of salt from VW. I was told that the Golf GTD would have 200bhp and four exhausts. Instantly I knew he was talking rubbish, but he looked fairly new there so I let him off! Haha

You're all missing the money shot, what can go in there?

1be9cffd.jpg

I think the first thing is to move the batery to boot like in the lupo gti and they maybee a little more room.

Then move the coolant bottle as far rightas possible - right on the suspension leg. (Bracket)

Then this could give some room for another cylender (Poteinally)

Edited by lupo1.0se

I take most things with a pinch of salt from VW. I was told that the Golf GTD would have 200bhp and four exhausts. Instantly I knew he was talking rubbish, but he looked fairly new there so I let him off! Haha

Haha 4 exhausts, brilliant!

img2771tn.jpg

img2767st.jpg

In regards:

Went to see an Up! today! Got a brochure for it, and a What Car? comparison guide that came with it, to prove how 'amazing' it is.

Asked to have a look around inside the thing too. Very impressed tbh. I take everything back, comparing it to other cars in its category it's stunning, the price, equipment... It does have a lot of Lupo touches which I am sure I bored the Salesman with ha.

The guy said it has completely over shadowed the new Beetle release! Also has had 9 orders for release day. Also mentioned the GT version will probably run a 1.2L engine.

Will upload pics of the Up! white and the brochure later :)

Edited by DarkStryder360

img2767st.jpg

I'd be quite interested to see those wheels on a lupo! shame they'll probably be like 2j...

all the info I could find: 6J x 16 ‘Classic White’ alloy wheels with 185/65 R16 tyres

They are 4*100 stud so they could fit...