Anyone seen a new up!

lupo1.0se

had a drive of an up black yesterday, build and feel was good, rear beam suspension same as lupo design so seperate shock and spring, front strut's have incorporated drop links so polo 9n , power from the 75 bhp lump was dreadfull, boot has two level's and a full size spare wheel well, it's like a tardis inside.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels pretty solid and huge inside.

Love the black Classic alloys.

Big difference in seats between the pov spec demo car and the Move up! inside the showroom. I used the online configurator and regularly came up with prices £11-12k!!

Bluemotion only available on mid range model.

GT supposedly getting a turbo version of existing 3 pot and there was rumour it might be available even later with 125hp...

But that was the internet talking, when did we ever believe what was on the internet. However, by sticking with the 1.0, there's very little cost in developing new variants and who knows what they have already allowed for in the engines design?

Anyone know what stud/PCD the wheels are!? seriously want the classic alloys! and theyre a £350 optional extra, so wonder how much to buy!!!. probs not a great deal more id imagine, if not the same!

4x100

i had a look at the up to be honest am not liking it the only thing that looks good is the front that's abt it oh and the alloys in white other than that the rest is a pile of s**t especially the back end never mind the boot, it's a well under budget build the lupo has a better boot that it, i rest my case!!! i don't like :thumbdown:

i had a look at the up to be honest am not liking it the only thing that looks good is the front that's abt it oh and the alloys in white other than that the rest is a pile of s**t especially the back end never mind the boot, it's a well under budget build the lupo has a better boot that it, i rest my case!!! i don't like :thumbdown:

It sell for less than an Aygo, it's not going to be built like how you think you remember a VW was built.

So I take it you never got in it, or got someone to show you the two tiered boot? It has the same size boot as a Fiat 500. And the interior looks so much better than its competitors, only the 500 gives it a run for its money.

Anyone know what stud/PCD the wheels are!? seriously want the classic alloys! and theyre a £350 optional extra, so wonder how much to buy!!!. probs not a great deal more id imagine, if not the same!

I'd say a lot more than £350 to buy on their own.

hmm yeah 350 optional extra is only a little price to pay, id assume fair bit more, but I wouldnt imagine they were anything near £1000 to buy on their own, i would imagine more in the region of 600 or something along those lines, and i know some people in vw so maybe a little discount ;). And i couldnt imagine they'd say no to selling you wheels, Its a part. I could have smashed them all up and wanted replacements, i dont have to prove i own an UP

So, I've tried to approach the Up! with an open mind even though I have Lupo blinkers and think that the front of it looks fugly.

I sat in one at Ultimate Dubs today, and gave it the old prod, poke, grab, slam, shake test and I must say that for a cheap city car it's pretty damn well screwed together.

I recently sat in one of those fancy pants DS3 racing heaps (with the orange wheels and more fake carbon fibre than halfords) and despite it costing over 2-3 times as much, was nowhere near built as well as the Up!

As much as some of the tunnel-visioned members on here may argue, the Up! seems to be built as well as a Lupo. It may be cheaper, but things have moved on, the Lupo was designed over a decade ago.

Again, I think it's pretty ugly and it's slow but if you're a well off teenager who is looking to buy a new car, you'd be absolutely crazy to not consider it. It might drive like a filthy pig dog, this I cannot comment on.

The boot is very sturdy as well by the way, not flimsy as some people have pre-conceived. It slams better than the boot on my GTI to be honest.

I think the real upside to the Up! (excuse the pun) is that it's going to mean that VW won't be selling any more of the god-awful brand damaging Fox :yes:

Oh yeah, and it has a glove box :)

Edited by NOCK

Didn't even show up as hyperlinks before, weird. Shows fine now but links no worky :( Mustn't like me :lol: Someone post some pics up will you :lol:

Can't even see that, random :wacko:

Edited by Koop

I'll take the orange "Cross" version but my favourite concept version so far is the buggy.

I saw a white one in Rochdale yesterday driving by. Was bigger than I imagined it would be, but it looked OK to me.