Lupo Sport + with Ibiza Content

sportrider-si

Hi everyone, Not much of a poster on here...more of a lurker. So I thought I'd post a readers ride blog of the gfs loop and my Ibiza. The lupo was bought already modified, somethings I like, but not too keen on the wheels myself or the audi s-line badge on the back... but Amie (gf) wont let me take it off. I tell her it looks crap but she wont listen!!!

Lupo Spec:

1.4 16v 100bhp

momo 15" alloys

split spoiler

headlight brows

standard suspension

standard exhaust

Some pics for you;

6643047205_1f67f62919_z.jpg

6643052335_a66f6c9b3b_z.jpg

I try my best to convince her to get new wheels at least.... she wanted to at one point, nearly had some bbs rx's but the guy sold them to someone else after we had agreed to come collect them, got there and they'd gone...

Anyways on to my Ibiza "Stealthrider".

Ibiza Spec:

1.4 16v 100bhp "Sportrider"

16" BBS rx2's Black centres with rims colour coded to the car

BMC CDA

Seat Sport strut brace

Led bulbs where they can be

Pressed Plates

TT pedals

S2000 Aeriel

Pics before and after bbs

6292094756_4c78c1a8b9_z.jpg

6556337855_455c7df5bc_z.jpg

6554930647_958e1a4c4e_z.jpg

6680211345_4dea7fcba0_z.jpg

6720691703_6f21478396_z.jpg

6745085781_c4ea99c97b_z.jpg

6745092103_76795d2145_z.jpg

Edited by sportrider-si

i remember seeing that lupo when i was looking to buy mine about 3 years ago! the bloke wanted silly money for it and something had happened with the engine?

Bah! No idea tbh fella, I had nothing to do with buying it. Her dad found it for her, bought it 2 years ago for 2.3k with 51k on the clock, when she told me it didnt seem too bad price , id been looking for one at that point and I was looking closer to 3 grand for same car with around 70k, so it appeared a bargain, if you can remember what was wrong with it please tell me, its been fine since we have had it no issues at all except the throttle body jammed shut last year. But that was a quik fix.

The Lupo looks very clean, I'm also not a fan of some of the mods, brows and split spoiler are no no. But hey its your / gf's car :) looks a great clean base car though!

Alex

Cheers dude, I dont mind the brows tbh lol it lookes stoned from the front. It only stays clean because of me lol if gf had her way she would just stick it through the car wash! She likes everything about it but as I said I really dont like the wheels theyre battered and just look odd at some angles

gave the car its first proper wash and wax of the year! Was nice and sunny so go straight to it, got a few pics aswell to show some minor additions to the stealthrider.

Black vinyl badge, very pleased with how it turned out.

6909441753_390bb04da0_z.jpg

My first sceney sticker 001_tt2.gif Might be coming off though as its not very stealthy..... 001_rolleyes.gif

6909439547_c99a8b0e1f_z.jpg

6909445149_e902e80150_z.jpg

6909436615_b05bdcd64a_z.jpg

6909433013_d9392d45ff_z.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

after going to inters and seeing many a snazzy lupo, there might be a few changes happeninng if I can keep Amie enthused :P We have alreaddy decided on a new colour scheme thanks to the red gti lookalike. Everything is going black and red. I wrapped the eyebrows yesterday, although they do not look the best. but a list of potential plans is as follows.

1.Black vinyl Roof

2.Black badges with red detailing

3.Black spoliers/resprayed spoilers

4.new gear gaiter bought Done

5.Get rid of the bloody audi sline badge Done

6.gloss black grill/ gti honeycombe (if its possible)

7.New centre caps Bought Didnt fit, original momo caps now sprayed black

8.Red callipers Done

9.Black vinyl eyelids Done - eyelids now removed.

10.Tint front indicators Done

11.Tow Strap Bought "not what I thought it was" Silly woman! now surplus.

12.Stubby aeriel Bought Didnt fit as previous owner destroyed aerial mounting base, old one sprayed black instead

Edited by sportrider-si

Only options for a honeycomb/mesh grill are Votex (rare) or custom afaik. Once again I am reminded I haven't done anything with my custom grill for aaaages :doh:

so, a little update, we decided to rip the eye lids off! It looks 100x better, for anyone who liked them, you may buy them if you wish! Got a quote for the spoiler respraying, looking at getting rear bumper and bonnet done too, 10 years of wear seems to have destroyed the bonnet+horrible touch up in the wrong colour by previous owner. Its coming along nicely. I even cought Amie looking for cheap bbs/reps on ebay! So the entusiasim is still here! Stay tuned and some decent mods might find their way onto this little beauty :D

So we went to cum vag today, some nice lupos there, saw a few I recognised on here. I'm sure you'll have spotted our lupo. The only one not lowered :( lol! Some of you will notice the horrid eyelids have gone. Next to go are the badges on the back and the side strips. The car needs a good tcutting. And the spoilers need respraying. Been looking into some new wheels. The dash is currently being sprayed gloss black, and some more interior bits are going to be done to match. Sad thing is this loop will probably never see any lows.