Lupo sterio problems

ali870

My friends 1.0 lubo wont power any headunits. We put an aftermaket one in and it played for a few seconds then lost all power.

Weve tryed all of th fuses (under the steering wheel and in the head units thats all i could think of) and tryed diffrent headunits.

Weve tested the leads comming out ofnthe black and brown connectors with a volt meter and theres no power from any of them with the ignition on or off.

Can anyne shed any ligh on this?

If not could i connect the power supply to the cigarette lighter for a live feed and aslong as the facias unplugged would this drain the battery.

Also there is a 12v cable already fitted for a sub could i shorten this and use it as a power supply for the headunit as speekers wouldnt be a problem to wire in or would this also drain the battery/be to much power for the headunit?

Any help would be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

The wiring and fuse on the cigarette lighter wouldn't have enough capacity to power a head unit, you'd end up popping fuses at the minimum, or catching fire at worst. You should be able to re-run a fused switched supply from the fusebox up to the stereo, i don't recall offhand which terminal you need to use, but i've seen it referenced on here.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened in one of my old cars and I ended up running a power cable straight to the battery. Just remember to add a switch in it, otherwise you'll forget to turn it off all the time and drain the battery.