Black Lupo GTI & liquid yellow Clio V6

sam bignell

So the second Lupo GTI I've owned but this time in black

I bought this one back in September so I could place the MX5 in a garaged for the winter. The car came with a bastuck exhaust system, MK7 polo gti handbrake and the rear wiper conversion.

The only things outstanding are to remove the wind deflectors and give the car a good wax / clay as I haven't been able to due to the weather and the lack of light over winter months. It was due a major service and cambelt change which both happened just before Christmas at Bath VW, so its quite happy now.

It's used as my daily although i don't do many miles and she'll be garaged hopefully most of the time in the summer months so I drive my summer car (once I find one).

Pictures from my iphone (minus wax)

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Sam

Edited by sam bignell

Ready to be slam!

:D

It'll be staying at that height, that altitude helps with my fitness training.

Finally put some pictures up then! lol

Nice low mileage example you've got there. I love black GTi's but I can imagine they are a pain to keep clean; look good when they are though!

Any plans for it?

Plans are to drive it as my daily, all my spare cash will be splashed on summer car. Apart from the small touches on the car at present, I won't be taking it any further.

I've got the "coilover t-shirt" and I won't be going back.

Roads round here aren't worth it plus my back really nearly broke

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in Scotland all week on business which meant I was unable to wash the V6 when I drove it home the weekend before.

Here's a picture of the tight fit in the garage

IMG_0097.jpg

Some proper pictures in May when she comes out for the summer

Sam

Edited by sam bignell

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm now not friends with the Lupo!

It's been laid up for two weeks now after a warning light popped up on the dash. Turns out that the engine is creamed up and the "control valve camshaft sensor" has packed up. I'll need to order that direct from VW but in the mean time the oil has been changed and a new oil filter.

Anyhow on the way back down off the ramp the front bump caught the edge of the ramp marking all the paint work along the front - not a happy bunny but at least it's being repaired free of charge.

On a brighter note the Clio is looking great and very clean.

My next purchase is a decent camera / video recorder. Although here's my iPhone for now (didn't take it above 2k, just a little blip)

th_IMG_0112.jpg

Sam

Edited by sam bignell

Just the engine isn't warming up enough, so condensationt built up over a period of time. Took the car out of a long drive and worked the engine which helped but it did need a clean and change of oil.

Software showed the sensor was fault as well (code P0010 and P0445) so hopefully they'll clear after it's replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem fixed with the Lupo, just a fuse that had blown which controlled the sensors. Had both sensors replaced which is a bit frustrating now!

Bumper is booked in to be re-sprayed and the wind deflectors are now off the car.

I think towards the end of May I'll give the car a good going over and then put it up for sale.

Clio is still under cover, although preparation has started on getting it out for the beginning of June. Basically super clean the car all over, under the bonnet and underneath the car it self. Little peep outside today

IMG_0109.jpg

Sam

Thank you

Just as rare the Mars red, although not many straight ones left. Red Clio V6's are like black cats . . . :lol:

haha they are indeed my dad said he saw a liquid yellow v6 on the motorway the other day a rare sight indeed, my dads hasnt had a crash so rare indeed but he used it as his daily for few years so mileage is high but hes keeping it and now has a diesal so will be used less....next in line to get it :shades:

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi, my name is Sam and I have a problem...... guessing admitting is the first stage to recovery. Something has been missing for a while, whilst my daily is perfect it’s not a Lupo GTi!

Can’t believe I won’t leave these cars alone, looking for my 4th GTi and plan on viewing one next weekend..... nice rare colour (laser blue).

update on other cars..... Have a Lotus Exige in yellow.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

What a bloody waste.

Sorry I should have asked first......

whilst it was enjoyable, it wasn’t the best car I’ve owned. Wasn’t quick, constantly worried about leaving it places, worried about mileage  and frankly always being asked if it’s real. I owned a 106 Rallye (S2 variant) on cams after the Lupo along side the V6, I drove that more and enjoyed it more than the Clio. 

Anyhow, I’m seeing the laser blue Lupo GTi Tuesday. I’ll post a separate thread as I think a valuation would be handy given it’s ‘current’ condition