Old style VW Polo (1986) - Modded

Joti

Hehe, just thought I'd share this with you - the car that first got me into proper modding (chose a Polo as a tongue-in-cheek statement as no-one ever did anything with them!)

I got this fully resprayed in Ford "juice green" and fitted Borbet T alloys. It also had a Momo racing wheel and drilled aluminium pedals.

4 speed and 40BHP :tongueout:

I sold it back in 2002.....

polo.jpg

Well, it's been over 10 years since I got rid. Believe it or not, even at that height, if I had 2 passengers in the car, the wheels would rub on the arch on the offside rear! It was like a sidecar - I remember getting my mum to lean the other way on one journey round corners, and she is only dinky and 5'1"...... :lol:

Being a basic 1.0, it must have had really soft suspension!

Edited by Joti

By the green/blue - you mean it's original colour? That was called Jade Metallic. Did not care for it much either, that's why I got the car re-sprayed.

I mean this colour, I prefered the original. but apart from that, it was well modded ;)

Colour is a subjective thing though bro - there is no right and wrong, it's all about the individual.

I saw that colour on a Ford Puma years ago, and when it's clean, it's the more gorgeous metallic dark green (or, so I thought at least! :thumbsup: )

Wonder if that Polo became crusher fodder...... Sold it in 2002 to some dude who came all the way from Coventry!

Hehe - tell me about it. I had to pick up a garden bench from a local garden centre once. Got it in the back of the Polo (which surprised me!) and then the 3 mile drive back was murder - tyre was rubbing on the arch all the way!!!

By the time I got home my car had a lovely smell of burning rubber inside it, and the tyre itself was warm enough to toast a sandwich!

Hehe - tell me about it. I had to pick up a garden bench from a local garden centre once. Got it in the back of the Polo (which surprised me!) and then the 3 mile drive back was murder - tyre was rubbing on the arch all the way!!!

By the time I got home my car had a lovely smell of burning rubber inside it, and the tyre itself was warm enough to toast a sandwich!

they're just too soft, i cant understand the need. but its also the way the arch runs over the rear wheels i guess. Im actually fitting a 60/60 kit to my friends breadvan tomorrow, so that should be interesting! haha

Good luck with that! They seem to be fairly rare now - just had a quick gander on Auto Trader and not a single one!

oh i'll need to luck, the front spring and shock set up is the most ridiculous thing ever. where the shock slides into the leg, its just a pain taking the entire hub off.