Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Ordered some Evo5 extended locking wheel nuts for the rears (that are now spaced) today.

They cost me £35 but I only need 2 - so then I had the brainwave of the fact that there may be other members with just the rears spaced.........

So I could get some of the money back by selling a pair on classifieds!!!!

:surprised:

But they would have to come to me to remove the wheels....... :paperbag:

• 2 weeks later...

No real update, other than now having locking nuts on all 4 wheels :)

The 35mm ones I ordered originally were actually more like 30mm measuring them, so I sent them back to be on the safe side and got the next size up.

The rears have now got 40mm bolts (thread length) on them....

Gave the car a quick wash today to get that "Sloanes Shine™" on the paintwork ;)

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Couple of "arty" shots I took whilst out in the Supra today also (yeah, my thumb is supposed to be in the top left corner :lol:)....

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

:)

Edited by Joti

Lol loving the Sloanes shine haha. The supra must be a awesome toy for when the weather is nice! Wish I had the choice of them two bad boys. Love your car mate as u know. Nice and clean :D clean makes me happy haha

I was inspired to get the Lupo as shiny as yours!

The Toyota is a great car Chris - I've owned it since 1999 and it still puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it - or even look at it for that matter!

Took it out today as it was 25 degrees and my Lupo has no aircon or sunroof. :(

Japanese cars have impeccable mechanical reliability and also come with toys in spades. Mine is not a top spec model, but still has aircon and a removable targa roof. The A/C has never been regassed since 1994 and it's still perfect!!

Paintwork on the Supra is not great, but then it is an 18 year old car! After seeing Alex's thread on his new FRP how he got some aircraft fuel/bird crap marks out of the lacquer, I need to have a go at the same.

I bought a polisher a few months ago (only a cheapo Silverline one) but have been too scared to use it in case I do more harm than good with it!!!! :surprised:

Edited by Joti

Yeah I had a Supercharged Yaris T-Sport for a few years and loved that as well. Something just feels sporty in jap cars. I always fancied a supra, lovely looking cars. My Fabia has aircon and a drinks cooler glove box but I never use either, windows open ftw! My machine polisher is a huge rotary thing with 1 speed and very similar to the **** halfords one but just means you take longer and have to take more care basically bud. Have a go, the supra will look the dogs danglers with it being black if you done it.

I hear you, but my works car park is open air, and I have to go out and see customers. Of late I've been getting in the car and it's been 55 degrees inside because it's been sat out in the sun. I doubt the salesman dripping with sweat would be a good look ;)

I will pluck up the courage and use the polisher - it has speed adjustment, I'm just not too clued up on the right compounds for the job!?

All I have in the garage is Metallic T-Cut and AG Super Resin Polish, so I probably need to invest in some materials.

I read about people using sealants, waxes, fine, abrasive, yadda yadda - it's a minefield!! :paperbag:

Maybe you could recommend stuff you use because your car certainly looks the business :wub:

I'm a bathroom designer Joe, have a root around my facebook albums - it's all there... :)

Edited by Joti

A favourite of yours :P

It's the finish on them I really like Joe - Hyper Black - they glisten in the sun :)

When they're clean they look much better than a matt silver that you normally get on wheels with 7 spokes or thereabouts.

Never seen them before :) then when I saw them twice on two of yours cars, I knew something was going on ;)

You know me, I have my own unique sense of style ;)

I think its good to be different and have a different style other wise life would be boring

This is true Kris........ :thumbsup:

****************************************************************************************************

OK so I actually managed to order some Autobrite Magifoam from a place that had stock!!! Should arrive ready for next weekends wash :)

Both cars got a decent clean this weekend, though I will also be investing in some proper polishes and waxes soon as I normally only jetwash and chamois! :paperbag:

DSC_00161344800957338.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Very jealous of both your cars Joti! and I'm impressed at how clean you keep them :)

Cheers pal! Your wheels are looking ace - fab job you've done on the colour coding and the hand painted centre caps :thumbsup: