Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Love the Volkswagen badge! :D <3

Cheers Em, I'm dead chuffed with it too - something a bit different ;)

The other thing I was contemplating was a set of spacers, but when I measured the distance to the arch, the maximum I could go is 15mm all round and then that's still marginal as to whether the tyre would then catch on the arch under load.

I don't want to go there again, because my last 2 cars had the tyre catching the arch, and within no time you then get rusting in that area :(

Don't think I can justify spending about £140 for 4 decent spacers, just to push the wheel out 1½cm on each corner......... :surprised:

Saying that if I knew it would not rub for sure, I probably would.....! :paperbag:

My 25mm per side spacers were 50 for the pair :) good quality, bolts included and galvanised :)

It's a "possible" but I'm in no great hurry as funds are tight at the mo.......

Watch this space (perhaps!) :)

like the vw badge but really not keen on the stripe makes it look awfy cluttered

No worries Jamie, the stripe was a personal thing for me rather than a styling choice and if I'm honest, even I was not too sure about it within a week of getting it done, but now when I look at older pics of the car before it was fitted, I think it looks too plain without one :)

Sorry for the abundance of photos, but every pic prior to these was taken with my mobile phone, and I just took some more with a digital camera to see if there was an improvement in clarity.

Tell me if you can see a difference in quality......

DSCF0381.jpg

DSCF0382.jpg

DSCF0383.jpg

DSCF0385.jpg

DSCF0386.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

Space those rears out 15mm ;)

Spacers are in the pipeline James ;)

yeah mate i can see the difference. looks gorgeous <3 i want it tbf.

Cheers bud :thumbsup:

That it was awesome Lupo GTI!!

Looks well nice & super clean :)

Those wheels are very nice, I'm jealous! Lol

Good work mate!

That it was awesome Lupo GTI!!

Looks well nice & super clean :)

Those wheels are very nice, I'm jealous! Lol

Good work mate!

Cheers chap, glad you like!

A lot of people were lukewarm about the wheels before they saw them on the car, probably because I did not follow "Club Lupo Protocol" and slap some BBS on :lol:, but it's nice of you to say so :)

Edited by Joti

yup thats exactly why, BBS are bollox tbf, everyone has them, yes they are nice wheels etc but 80% of dubs have them and thats what puts me off them. Gimme a nice set of retro wheels any day!

Saying that, I really like the wheels on James' yellow Arosa Sport (and they are BBS), and Mike M's were nice (someone on here bought them for a black Lupo if I remember correctly) but the normal cross hatch multi-spoke ones are done to death, and do nothing for me..... it's the motoring equivalent of buying Apple products - just because all your mates have them :)

I guess I'm a bit of a non-conformist in that respect - if everyone is following one trend, I'll got another route on purpose just not to be a sheep ;)

Edited by Joti

Saying that, I really like the wheels on James' yellow Arosa Sport (and they are BBS), and Mike M's were nice (someone on here bought them for a black Lupo if I remember correctly) but the normal cross hatch multi-spoke ones are done to death, and do nothing for me..... it's the motoring equivalent of buying Apple products - just because all your mates have them :)

I guess I'm a bit of a non-conformist in that respect - if everyone is following one trend, I'll got another route on purpose just not to be a sheep ;)

and now i think im going against exactly what i said and getting some cheap ass Lenso's for mine just to nail the stance :/

woww! looking so clean and shiney :D i want mine to look like this!!!!!

Thanks Michelle, though to be fair yours is probably cleaner! I have never clayed mine or anything like that - just a simple jetwash and chamois is all my car gets! :paperbag:

and now i think im going against exactly what i said and getting some cheap ass Lenso's for mine just to nail the stance :/

That's OK, so long as you don't go sticking BBS centre caps on them! ;)