Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Booked in for a week Wednesday Piers (14th).

I've received the pop out window kit in the post yesterday, but not opened it yet as I work Saturdays - will have a gander tomorrow and may see if I can get them fitted this coming week (though probably unlikely)

Enjoy your dinner! :thumbsup:

Good stuff. Looking forward to it :)

I sure will thanks mate ;)

Unpacked the pop-out window kit this morning and just gave the glass a quick clean. All in pretty good nick too - hope to get them installed ASAP.........

164.jpg

Nice work joti, do you still have the bathursts??

I do still have them Kalum, but am keeping them so not for sale (if that was your next question!), sorry.

Dunno why everyone raves about pop-out, mine leak....

They leak through the top then James?

Basically my car has no A/C or sunroof, so I thought pop-out may be a good thing for Summer (the last car I had them on was a Citroen AX GT - my first ever car......... - and they did not leak on that)

This Lupo is a bit of a spiritual successor to the AX, as I've not had a hot hatch since!

axgt.jpg

Mine do a little bit, may just be catches not tight enough! Love those little AX's. In summer they are nice!

Well I bought that wayyyyyyyyyy back in 1994!! Loved it to bits, it was noisy but had 85bhp and weighed a paltry 650kg or thereabouts!

That was a limited edition model (AX GT500), one of only 500 ever made.

I wrote it off after a couple of years!!! Argument with a tree....... :doh:

Don't argue with trees James...... they always win :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Didn't like the wheels... Until I saw them on the car! Gorgeous and suit the at perfectly mate!

Thank you! Funny, several members have said the same thing - they weren't too sure about the wheels when seen alone....

Glad you like them though, and nice of you to say so :)

Hope the weather's better tomorrow! Wanted to wash the car today, but it's raining and 4 degrees out there........ :surprised:

002.jpg

They leak through the top then James?

Basically my car has no A/C or sunroof, so I thought pop-out may be a good thing for Summer (the last car I had them on was a Citroen AX GT - my first ever car......... - and they did not leak on that)

This Lupo is a bit of a spiritual successor to the AX, as I've not had a hot hatch since!

axgt.jpg

Another go kart car, I had a 950cc (injection!) it was surprisingly awesome lol

Another go kart car, I had a 950cc (injection!) it was surprisingly awesome lol

You're showing your age Koop..........! ;)

OK so a little more progress on "Project Pop-Out"........ the first bit of good news was that the car already has the holes pre-drilled :thumbsup:

015.jpg

Next I removed the existing C-pillar trim, and lay it next to the one with the cut-out, where the pop-out latch would sit..........

005.jpg

Hmm...... bit grubby looking......... it needs some of this!

006.jpg

And it's looking pretty good so far.....

007.jpg

Here's one I sprayed earlier....... :)

008.jpg

With that all done, and the pillars needing some drying time, I decided to wash the car:

003.jpg

And hoover the inside, for good measure

004.jpg

So there we have it - one clean Loop!

009.jpg

Here's one I washed earlier :thumbup:

0121330960438491.jpg

The Soop and the Loop! :yes:

0131330960439040.jpg

Loop is looking good as usual Joti! Slightly off topic, but what's the power of the Supra? Always had a soft spot for the sound of those :wub:

Hi Cary, it's about 240bhp with the exhaust system. It's actually the "slowest" version, but it can still overtake when you need it to!

Basically you get the NA Japanese import (225bhp) the Twin Turbo Japanese Import (280bhp) and the UK Twin Turbo (325bhp).

UK models had larger brakes, ceramic turbos, a bonnet scoop and headlamp washers. You can also tell a UK version as the rear tail lights are (going from out to in) orange/red/white/red whereas the Japs are orange/red/red/white.

At the time I had zero no claims bonus, so the insurance for me on a TT was £2,000 more than it was for the NA :sweating:

I've had the Supra now since 1999 and still love it :wub:

It's also a targa model, which was unique to the Japanese domestic market, so it's nice in Summer too :)

090607.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments folks :thumbsup:

C-pillars painted up!

They're not as black as they look - indoor lighting.

Looks like I could have saved myself some money, and just starched some black socks! :lol:

016.jpg

Thanks Alex! Actually, something I wanted to ask you - if you fire a jetwash at the pop-out windows when closed, do you get any water ingress? :question:

Edited by Joti