Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Saucy :)

Liking this man!

Looks sweet!!

They really suit the car good work dude

Hey - thanks people, means a lot, especially because I've kinda done my own thing here...... :thumbsup:

Don't forget, the vinyl is being done in 2 weeks (14th) and I also got a rear pop-out window kit that I am gonna get fitted (am hoping to labour is not too exorbitant as I am leaving this to the pros...... who am I kidding, I am a mechanical retard - I leave most things to them!!!!!) :paperbag:

Keep watching! :yes:

I know we all like a pic or 3, so here's a quick overview of the last 48 hours...........

Sony head unit in (I'm old skool, this is an MD unit with a 10 disc boot CD autochanger - no MP3 here!):

1341330656833650.jpg

Alloys awaiting fitment:

135.jpg

The transition:

139.jpg

Never mind lows, here's the World's HIGHEST Lupo! :thumbsup:

141.jpg

Done and dusted:

142.jpg

A quick snap en-route (note the bathursts on the passenger seat!):

143.jpg

A quick wash as daylight fades:

144.jpg

BOOM! New wheels ahoy :thumbup:

148.jpg

Edited by Joti

I wasnt too sure when you put pics up of the alloys mate tbh but after seeing them on the car they dont look bad at all mate.......different in the world of lupos :) keep up the good work :thumbsup: how much were te pop out windows.

I wasnt too sure when you put pics up of the alloys mate tbh but after seeing them on the car they dont look bad at all mate.......different in the world of lupos :) keep up the good work :thumbsup: how much were te pop out windows.

They where my thoughts but I think the look great and it's good to see some one doing it different and it working :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Cheers Dan, you're right, I know what I've done is unusual but I guess it's nice to have a car a bit individual. TBH I really liked the Schmidt Modern Lines too, but they were around £700 without tyres!!! Makes a change from a BBS Lupo eh?

The pop out windows were £75 - full kit including fixings and C-pillar covers. As I said not sure about how much it will cost labour-wise but I'm willing to chuck a couple of hundred at it.

Vinyl stripe in 2 weeks too......... :clap:

They where my thoughts but I think the look great and it's good to see some one doing it different and it working :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Joe, cheers for the words of encouragement!

Edited by Joti

I paid the National Window Screen guy a pack of fags to cut my old windows out and fit my pop outs :) looking great on the new wheels Joti.. im liking this a lot!

Alex

I paid the National Window Screen guy a pack of fags to cut my old windows out and fit my pop outs :) looking great on the new wheels Joti.. im liking this a lot!

Alex

Really? OK thanks Alex I will give them a call.

I did try Autoglass yesterday, but they said they could not do it - in case they had to end up drilling the holes in the shell.

Appreciate your advice though, and thanks for the comment! :thumbsup:

No problem mate, cant see why they cant just cut them out, the holes for attaching the pop outs should already be in the shell, they wont need to drill them.

No problem mate, cant see why they cant just cut them out, the holes for attaching the pop outs should already be in the shell, they wont need to drill them.

Ray (Silver!) has told me that some Lupos will have the holes with bung plugs, other will just have an indent and need drilling?

Unless I misunderstood.....

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=87787&hl=&fromsearch=1

*** UPDATE ***

Washed the car today, but used really hot water - I mean REALLY hot :surprised:

I think this may have had an adverse effect on the car.......

157.jpg

:roflmao:

Haha, where did you get that model from? It's awesome!

Thanks Cary, they are made by a company called Spark - just Google it :thumbsup:

Yeah ray is correct. I think up until 2003 they have the homes drilled after that they don't. I may be wrong but it's around 2002-3 I think :)

Spark models are ace, got a silver one sitting ony desk :D

My windows actually arrived today Alex! Not actually checked them yet but will have a look on Sunday as I'm working tomorrow.

Mine is a 52 registration so hopefully the holes will be there?

Thanks again for your help...

No car updates today (will be some tomorrow)........ BUT

I did have a rather nice Chinese takeaway. That is all. :lol:

152.jpg

Booked in for a week Wednesday Piers (14th).

I've received the pop out window kit in the post yesterday, but not opened it yet as I work Saturdays - will have a gander tomorrow and may see if I can get them fitted this coming week (though probably unlikely)

Enjoy your dinner! :thumbsup: