Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Ace 216's Nic

216.jpg

I've had them before on both my last 2 Peugeot 306's (part of me wants to get something different, but I know these look good - and there is always a risk that a wheel looks great on paper but then not so much in the flesh on a car.......)

306dt.jpg

I just had a quick look on google for hyper black, and with the right wheels would look amazing on a red car. I'll keep my eye out! :shifty: lol

The only problem is though if you ever kerb them, they are black underneath. Also I've never found any wheel refurb places that could guarantee to match the silver precisely - that is the downside.

My ex-wife kerbed 3 of my wheels (not all at once I hasten to add!) and I ended up just buying brand new ones :(

However this all contributed towards the "ex" status...!!! :shades:

Should look good! They aren't hugely dissimilar to the bathursts :thumbup:

I know, they are 7 spoke but do look similar, eh?

I'm upping the wheelage to 16" rims with 195/40/R16 Toyos most probably.

Shiney! :shades: Yeh that's the problem with mine, the bloke said that if I curb mine, they are black underneath :angry2: . Best not curb them then! Haha

For easy maintenance, polished wheels are the way to go - there is no paint layer so in the event that you do scuff them, all you need to do is wet sand them (going from coarse to fine depending on the severity of the scratch) and then apply metal polish.

Saying that, most designs have a paint/lacquer finish and sticking to purely polished does limit choice somewhat.

Like you say, best just to be careful. I know from bitter experience that, say if you are doing a 3 point turn and then you think you "should" just clear that kerb - don't - just reverse and turn one more time and it saves that horrible graunching noise that ruins your day :confused:

Edited by Joti

I wasn't entirely sure about them but with the dub centre cap that looks pretty pimp yo.

• Like 1

Bit of a nightmare day yesterday... Last week I had been into my tyre place and asked them which tyres would best suit the GTI on 16" rims. They said that Falken did 205/40 R16's and Toyo did 195/40 R16's. Though the car has 205/45 R15's on at the moment, and I like the wide track, I have had Falken's in the past and from my experience they are pretty poor tyres (especially in greasy slippery conditions), so I would happily sacrifice 1cm of width for the Toyos....

I asked about stock and was told they have these tyres "all day long" so there was no need to pre-order.

Anyway....... was also getting a stereo upgrade fitted to the car yesterday - dropped the car off at 9am sharp in the hope that it would be done by late afternoon and then get the wheels shod with rubber and fitted - a productive day off work planned!

Oh, the 306 was also going, so I had to give that a wash and hoover and then pick the buyer up from the station at around 2pm.

That all went as planned, car gone - job done.

I went past the stereo fitters at 1pm and my car was still parked there with nothing having been done to it! :censored:

Then went to the tyre place and was told that my Toyo's would have to be ordered in, as they do not hold stock of that size!!!?!?! :surprise:

Next I planned to run the wheels down to them, so they could fit the tyres on Thursday (today), I would zip down after work and get them put on the Lupo and save us both some time.

My car came back from the stereo fitters at 6pm! Tyre place closed at 5.30!! :doh:

Saying that, am really happy with the sound system :thumbsup:

Sooooo hopefully I'll get the wheels on the car today - oh, and I also purchased a Happich pop out window kit off ebay :yes:

127.jpg

Nice you managed to borrow one then lol

Yeah the guys cut holes in the parcel shelf so big, the speakers dropped straight through them!!!

Edited by Joti

Sweet, looking good. And you've still got room for almost 3 bags of shopping! haha

Very smart GTI, I like it a lot! nice progress you're making as well. I'm interested to see how it going to look finished :yes:

Thanks Rowan! :thumbsup:

Well, I got my new wheels on today, so.... without further ado, here is my Lupo Cup inspired ride:

KERCHOW!!!

147.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

Whaddya guys/gals think??? :question:

Edited by Joti

Beautifull Wheels!!!

Thank you!

Looks very nice :) makes a nice change to the usual wheel choice!

Cheers fatttty - yeah, I always try and do things a little bit differently, but I'm glad you like the result :yes:

Looking very nice there, Joti.

Cheers Aaron, though I thought you might say that because the car looks Tornado Red in that lighting!!!!!!! :lol:

I agree .. Wheels look really nice with the red ... Good tread tooo great read

Thanks Mark, glad you are entertained! :thumbsup: