Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

The 7jet40.

Gti's will easily fit 8js with a reasonably low offset, with not allot of effort.

Grid V 8jet20 would look even better imo.

But, hey, Joti's car, he can do what he likes at the end of the day.

i get what you mean now....

please dont take this the wrong way but if they look good what does it matter? seems a lot of people choose wheels based on how they will fit. i personaly think it doesnt matter (within reason) as long as they look good.

Ummm...... damn you ebay!!!

Just bought another set of wheels 4x100 ET42 7J 16" - just because really!!! :surprised:

Am planning to refurb these myself (colour change) - perhaps gloss white or gloss black....

Edited by Joti

I picked these up off ebay for a very tidy sum and drove to Harlow today to collect them.

DSC_0213.jpg

Have no idea of the make/model but they are 16" 4x100 ET42 7J rims with no kerbing.

The previous owner has done a (self-admitted) pretty poor job of painting them, so I plan to strip, sand, prime and re-paint them - probably in Spring when the weather improves a bit (though if I get in one of my impulsive moods it could well be sooner!)

As I already own 2 full sets of tyres and wheels for the Lupo, this was itself something of an impulse buy, but I fancy having a go at a refurb myself....

Already got an idea or two about colours, but I'll keep it quiet for now....... :cheeky:

want to see some black wheels on your car Jot!

I plan to strip, sand, prime and re-paint them - probably in Spring when the weather improves a bit (though if I get in one of my impulsive moods it could well be sooner!)

Already bought the sanding cup drill attachment, paint, lacquer, centres and something else..... :paperbag:

Currently trying to buy (cheap) an infra red heater, or borrow one if anyone's local who can lend me theirs?

The wheels came with spigot rings which actually appear to be VW ones (57mm) :)

Edited by Joti

I also decided to get a 12" sub - not sure there will be room in the boot though!!!!

8_12_subway.jpg

:roflmao:

you have a good choice in subs!! i much prefer Italian 12", bacon, lettuce, cucumber and lots of ketchup ;) TOASTED OBVIOUSLY

Edited by patroddy

Sorry to disappoint you Pat, but that's an image off the web!

I would never eat something with so much salad content - steak & cheese FTW! :)

• Like 1