Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

It doesn't take much to put some horrible pitting in polished dishes Jot! its not about their cleanliness, its about salt :)

Yup, my RM's were a nightmare. I can see Joti's point and infact i had the same mind set. Until I built a set of show wheels worth £1400 I changed my mind lol! Each to their own and all that!

My new car is always in winter mode lol :paperbag:

Looking forward to seeing the new wheels Joti :D

• Like 1

its a crap feeling either way- knowing that your car could look a 1000000x better with the rims that are gathering dust until summer or having them on and worrying about them getting damaged. just choose whichever you fell best with :thumbsup:

looking forward to seeing these beasts Jot, must be rare if you had to import them :clap:

• Like 1

its a crap feeling either way- knowing that your car could look a 1000000x better with the rims that are gathering dust until summer or having them on and worrying about them getting damaged. just choose whichever you fell best with :thumbsup:

looking forward to seeing these beasts Jot, must be rare if you had to import them :clap:

Cheers guys.

To be fair the wheel is not rare at all Dr B, it's the finish.

The finish I wanted has now been discontinued, and the only place I managed to track down a set (still brand new) was in the good ol' USA - I just want to say that otherwise people may be building this anticipation up more than what it actually is!

You would have seen these wheels many a time, though perhaps not on a Lupo so often - I don't think anyone currently posting on this site has this wheel on their Lupo.......... ;)

You should all know me by know, I like to be that bit different when it comes to mods.

Edited by Joti

it'll be nice to see the change of wheels, just hope you don't get stung with any import tax! i had to pay loads on some parts i bought from the USA

it'll be nice to see the change of wheels, just hope you don't get stung with any import tax! i had to pay loads on some parts i bought from the USA

No, I will have to pay import tax for sure, but I asked the sellers to mark the package value down to less than half of what they actually cost on the customs slip, so I'll probably have to stump up about £60 instead of £140 ;)

I am keeping these current wheels too and still like them, I just fancy an alternative look for the car, so will probably swap the wheels over once or twice a year - call it "Winter mode" if you like.... ;)

Edited by Joti

hehe i once go a package that was worth £800, i got the dude to mark it as a gift and put the value to $70

only had to pay £15 in tax

• Like 1

naaaaa you cheeky devil! Grids are awesome :clap:

Hehe, full pics tomorrow (colour that is ;))

Going to get tyres at 0830 tomorrow morning and, if I can stay off Black Ops II, may even give the Lupo a wash :)

• Like 2

surely its that like goldy beigey colours? so nice