Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Hehe Rich - it's an old rug from the house I put there to do some spray painting, when I resprayed my speaker stands white if you must know!

There are old rugs in there though, yeah ;)

Pete this is the first time I would have used the foam, think they recommend about 200ml of foam mixed with warm water in the lance bottle, so 5 litres should yield about 25 washes...

I may have to work on my technique Pete - the paintwork definately felt smoother drying it off, but it did not get the brake dust in the corners of the spokes, I did that manually.

Was about £20 for 5 litres..... yeah, think it's worth it, if only for the weird looks you get from neighbours! :lol:

I wouldn't reccomend drying it off with a a towel after snow foam. It doesnt always clean everything and some dirt has been left on my car before. Looking good though, add a little more for some mega foam :)

Edited by joeadamou

I hear you Joe and I think the same. Car did not need a wash, I cleaned it on Sunday so was merely checking this stuff out.

It's not a magic potion, nor a substitute for a normal wash in my opinion. Like Pete says though, it looks cool ;)

There are still puddles of foam on the tarmac and it's 4 hours since I washed it!

I've always been more conscious of keeping my wheels in A1 condition - clean wheels make a car look clean even if the bodywork is grubby. May invest in some of that Poorboys wheel sealant as I've read good things about it :)

I hear you Joe and I think the same. Car did not need a wash, I cleaned it on Sunday so was merely checking this stuff out.

It's not a magic potion, nor a substitute for a normal wash in my opinion. Like Pete says though, it looks cool ;)

There are still puddles of foam on the tarmac and it's 4 hours since I washed it!

I've always been more conscious of keeping my wheels in A1 condition - clean wheels make a car look clean even if the bodywork is grubby. May invest in some of that Poorboys wheel sealant as I've read good things about it :)

I just started using poorboys 4 days ago and it seems to be working well so far. What you really want gtechniq c5. Apparently it's phenominal just costs a feck load at 25 quid for 15ml!! :surprise:

Edited by Pete91

that kid in the 3rd pic pissing on that focus? lol. good job mate. wish i had a snow gun thing. aint even got a fking hose pipe at my new house :(

I may have to work on my technique Pete - the paintwork definately felt smoother drying it off, but it did not get the brake dust in the corners of the spokes, I did that manually.

Was about £20 for 5 litres..... yeah, think it's worth it, if only for the weird looks you get from neighbours! :lol:

i have a hand pump pressure washer Sloanes, they are quite handy as i also dont have a hose. Would i be able to use it with snow foam though? what do you think Jot?

You may be able to use the hand washer but for true foam effects you need high pressure. My home water pressure is quite low, the foam is no way near as good as when ive used it at mates houses or at work, so cant imagine it being great wih hand pressure.

Iv only used snowfoam once... mainly because i never use my jetwash and im too tight to spend the money on the attachment lol...

I did mine at Bens house. We put the foam on. left it 10 minutes blasted it off then washed the car properly as you would normally

:) then wax it

i have a hand pump pressure washer Sloanes, they are quite handy as i also dont have a hose. Would i be able to use it with snow foam though? what do you think Jot?

It depends on the pressure I guess. Saying that there must be some clever engineering in those foam bottle lance attachments, as even when I filled it with plain water and nothing else, it still came out frothy!!! :)

Some quick snaps of the Supra today:

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

I've got a bit of "fogging" on the rear lights (see pic below) but I'm not sure if I can do anything to remedy it. I still have my original rears, but these were a mirrored tinted set I got off ebay about 18 months ago. I don't know if it's marking in the lacquer itself but it definately seems to have got worse..... Any ideas??? :surprised:

DSC_0062.jpg