Inlet Conversion

Hi people. Im looking for some advice on a inlet manifold conversion im planning to do on my AHW engine.

I recently got a lupo gti inlet manifold from an AVY engine and a polo 16v throttle body from a AFH engine from a mates breakers yard for a really cheap price. Ive got the polo 16v TB as i need the cable operation and the gti inlet so i dont have a restrictive inlet manifold.

Ive been looking at diagrams on ELSA win and have a couple of things im not 100% sure on.

1) The existing AHW inlet has an flange with the pipe for the EGR valve that isnt present on the gti inlet. Whats the best thing to do with the cars EGR pipe? If i blank it off will it cause me emissions problems? Is there somewhere i can plumb it back in?

2) On the gti inlet i have two pipes which are from a brake servo and from a charcoal filter solenoid according to ELSA. Is it safe to blank these as they arent present on the AHW inlet? If so how would i blank them.

3) Is there anything ive forgotten?

Thanks for any advice i get.

Chris

:-)

Edited by madmanncfc

• 6 months later...

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I have just fitted a lupo sport manifold and throttle body to an AUA 1.4. its currently running like a dog at idle. i think i have an air leak somewhere but not checked out where yet.

other than the idling issue the car is improved, revs a lot freer and makes a nice throaty noise now :D

• 2 months later...