Where do I chuck the Anti-Freeze?

Think the car allready has it, picked her up about 3 days ago, but i don't want to risk it, so i Just bought some now..

Where/How much to put in? Cheers lols, (I think it's the see-through colour container to the top right of engine block with a picture of a book on it?)

I have the 1.0E, ta.

unless its been leaking it wont need it, otherwise itd have overheated already and if it was low on antifreeze itll have frozen and possibly cracked the block so you'd know about it either way...

I've driven it 20mils since i've had it, and that was taking it home from where i bought it.

I doubt it would've overheated, and it's only been below freezing here since i've had it on my drive, before then it was like 2-3 degrees at night, other night it got to -7.

Its simple but going off the questions your asking I wouldn't be letting you lose on a car without someone there who knows what they are doing, the system once drained and refilled must be bled correctly or again you could potentially overheat the engine.

Its simple but going off the questions your asking I wouldn't be letting you lose on a car without someone there who knows what they are doing, the system once drained and refilled must be bled correctly or again you could potentially overheat the engine.

as above, wouldnt do it yourself as you dont sound like you know what youre doing.

not slagging you off, i wouldnt have a clue in practice

You could just get a mate with a tester or go to your local garage and get them to test the strength of it, if it's fine then no worries, if it's basically coloured water then get someone to renew your coolant. No point rectifying summat that may already be fine, but on the flip side of that there isn't much point sticking a quarter of a litre of antifreeze in a cooling system full of pure water either.

You could just get a mate with a tester or go to your local garage and get them to test the strength of it, if it's fine then no worries, if it's basically coloured water then get someone to renew your coolant. No point rectifying summat that may already be fine, but on the flip side of that there isn't much point sticking a quarter of a litre of antifreeze in a cooling system full of pure water either.

I highly doubt it is full of pure water, there must be anti-freeze in it, it's over 9 years old, and not a leak..

12k miles/year average, it must've overheated at some point w/o anti-freeze, so i would guess the reddish solution is antifreeze

I highly doubt it is full of pure water, there must be anti-freeze in it, it's over 9 years old, and not a leak..

12k miles/year average, it must've overheated at some point w/o anti-freeze, so i would guess the reddish solution is antifreeze

What makes you think it has preciously overheated?

Not really, it'll run fine with just water in it if the rest of the cooling system is in good shape... The inside of the radiator will be rotted to hell though!

well, i'll never know if there was any anti-freeze in there..