Drivers side xenon headlight (GTi) :(

d4n91

After a bit of help........

The clips have snapped on the headlight casing that join the headlight to the car itself. I am wondering is this a total new headlight job or can i replace the part in question????? ive read that a new headlight is serious money :( hoping one comes up cheap or that i can replace just the casing?

Cheers

Dan

I think the outer casing can be swapped though I may be wrong. 12yan was selling a few as spares. they may have already sold though. The lights as a whole are serious money. Have you still got the pieces that have snapped off? I'd be inclined to plastic weld them if you had.

Alex

I think the outer casing can be swapped though I may be wrong. 12yan was selling a few as spares. they may have already sold though. The lights as a whole are serious money. Have you still got the pieces that have snapped off? I'd be inclined to plastic weld them if you had.

Alex

sold mate and that has been thought about tbh i think ill end up plastic welding them

is it all the clips? my front is side clip (the one that faces you next to the grill) was snapped (got flagged on MOT), i put a new screw and a big washer under the screw (to grip onto the remains of the plastic clip and was sound (passed ) :)

You can be headlight shells but they are about £250. I found araldite to be pretty hardcore and resilliant to almost everything.

I've got a couple of shells but they are knackerd in the clips dept as well I think. Which side is it your after? I have a spare headlight with a scratched casing if you fancy having a go at changing the plastic over from yours?

Pm me if you like and we can discuss a price - I think mine is Drivers side but if your interested I will check for you.

That's the one cheers mate I'll ask lupoboz on here how much they are I'll take a pic tomorrow to clarify but it's the tabs at the top and side at the front

• 1 year later...

Cheers for the heads up on those repair clips!! bloody genius! This thread has just saved me a few hundred quid!!

Does this mean that you're going to vote Rich member of the year 2013 ?

• 10 months later...