problems with 2nd gear

just recently i'v been having a little trouble with 2nd gear...the problem is that its abit stiff getting into gear and if i try and shift fast it can make a slight grinding noise, the problem is alot worse when cold.

i know it is not the pedal box or clutch as i have replaced the pedalbox and the clutch only has about 3k on it. i was suspecting it could be the linkage?? hopefuly not the synchro,there is no wine from the gearbox also.

anyone had a similar problem?

thanks Blaine

would make sense...i'v just read before that there sealed for life and it's not always a good idea

have many people changed the gearbox oil then??

must be the driver.

on a serious note blaine mines been doing this into 4th for a bit. my mates a mechanic and said its probably the linkage but he will have a look. will let you know how i get on.

must be the driver.

on a serious note blaine mines been doing this into 4th for a bit. my mates a mechanic and said its probably the linkage but he will have a look. will let you know how i get on.

haha :tongueout: ...yeah hoping it is the gear linkage does feel abit notchy into first aswel sometimes, but with it getting better after a few miles would suggest more of a synchro problem, let me know how yours gets on.

Don't go wasting money on oil or that jack up car and have a look if u have cables then they join just at the top of ur subframe and the outer case of the cable gets held down with a little fork and they can brake off at one side and it allows the outer case to move and then u can't get a gear very good have a look my car did that same thing

I pulled out the fork that was holding it in and replaced it with u new 1 am not sure how it gets better when hot but my car was the same if I changed get fast it would not go in it would just grind but if I did the gear change slow it went it no prob you would be better haveing a look at that before u go spending money on other things